Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sledging in the Town

Options
  • 06-01-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in the town, with a hill that you can sledge - any hidden gems that I don't know about.

Preferably somewhere that I may not need a car to get to...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Castle Hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

saw people do it today off the old dublin road, just over the railway bridge to the right of it, down the hill into the estate there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Castle Hill!

Whereabouts in Castle Hill.......... That's beside the river isn't it.
    patrickc wrote: »
    saw people do it today off the old dublin road, just over the railway bridge to the right of it, down the hill into the estate there

Beside the railway track, the estate where the Delta Centre & Holy Angels

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Beside the railway track, the estate where the Delta Centre & Holy Angels

yeh on the opposite side of the road to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

Where do you get sledges?

To the top of Killeshin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Whereabouts in Castle Hill.......... That's beside the river isn't it.

I think he was joking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

How about the hill into the back of Pennys car park dont think you will get much better in the town.

could you sledge down the hill (??) in the Town Park..... Would the steps make it too hard

DarrenMSP wrote: »
    Where do you get sledges?

To the top of Killeshin!

Id say the only way you are getting to the top of Killeshin is by helicopter though... If you have one, I will go along if you get a lift :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Plenty of sledgin in the park today! was lots of families there looked like so much fun.
    The slopes of the hill jus added to the fun! def worth a look.

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I think he was joking tbh.

Shows what you know! Castle Hill is perfect! OP just bring your sled into town and ask for directions!

The only Castle Hill I know is a road. fair enough, its one way but its still a road.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    The only Castle Hill I know is a road. fair enough, its one way but its still a road.

sssh!

sssh!

My bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Venture out of town (a big ask these last few weeks i know!) & head somewhere hilly like Mt.Leinster., Hacketstown or Borris.
    Pound Lane in Borris was full of tobaconists today.
    IFI Bags were back in fashion along with trays, lids of storage-boxes etc.
    Quite a sight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You'll do well to stay out of anywhere hilly out of town ,plenty cars still getting stuck trying to climb hiils.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

could you sledge down the hill (??) in the Town Park..... Would the steps make it too hard

I was in the park this evening with my nephew and my home made sled! :p The hill was crowded with kids, with everything from plastic sacks, mats, cardboard boxes, large trays and even a group with a large metal 'STOP' sign!! The latter were coming down off the hill (the nearest side to the gate) at an exceptional rate, even though the hill is stepped, they were coming off it, onto the path and up onto the grass!! All depends on your sleigh really.

The original park was much better, there was two hills, one slightly steeper than the other, good for sleding! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Venture out of town& head somewhere hilly like Mt.Leinster..

LMAO, you don't do things by half do you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Venture out of town (a big ask these last few weeks i know!) & head somewhere hilly like Mt.Leinster., Hacketstown or Borris.
    Pound Lane in Borris was full of tobaconists today.
    Quite a sight.

Did they do much business.....:o

Sorry i'm giddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Mount Leinster would be the bomb. even for snow boarding!!!:) but the best option i can see around the town would be the park...
    their is some big ass man made hills around the sugar factory but doubt its open to the public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Quite a sight.
    ya cant beat the old fertiliser bags, better than any bought sled or snowboard!

Advertisement