Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ieland Winners 2010 Predictions?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

All Ireland Football Final

Runners Up=Cork

Winners=Kerry

All Ireland Hurling Final

Runners Up=Tipperary

Winners=Kilkenny

What do you think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Football: Kerry
    Hurling: Offaly... seriously, Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

marky boii wrote: »
    All Ireland Football Final

Runners Up=Cork

Winners=Kerry

All Ireland Hurling Final

Runners Up=Tipperary

Winners=Kilkenny

What do you think?

All change this year then Marky? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Football:

Winners: Cork

Runners Up: Kildare. Yeah I said it!

Hurling:

Winners: Tipperary

Runners Up: Clare :pac:, no in all seriousness, Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Football: Cork beat Tyrone
    Hurling: Kilkenny beat Tipp

Took me ages to come up with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Hurling: Tipp beat Kilkenny.

Football: Tyrone beat Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Football: Cork beat Tyrone (Or Cavan winning it!)
    Hurling:Tipp beat Kilkenny (I can see someone beating Kilkenny this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Football : Cork beat Galway

Hurling : Tipp beat Kilkenny (12 months overdue but sure we'll take it - referee permitting of course :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Hurling: KK to beat Tipp (again)

Football: Cork to beat Tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Hurling : Tipp...to be honest the dubs have a good chance too.

Football : Louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Football
    Winners = Kerry
    Runners Up = Tyrone

Hurling
    Winners = Killkenny
    Runners Up = Galway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Football
    Winners; Cork
    Runners Up; (Chance arm and say Dublin)

Hurling
    Winners; Kilkenny
    Runners Up; Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I think that looks oddly similiar to 2009. ;)

I don't think Kerry or Kilkenny will win All-Irelands this year, and I think Cork will get to both AI finals, win the football with Tipp winning the hurling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cybercat

I have a feeling that Dublin will go close in the football and Kilkenny will walk the hurling.
    Our misguided friends in Tipp seem to be forgetting that Hickey and Fitzpatrick will be back this year...Remember them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Cybercat wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Dublin will go close in the football and Kilkenny will walk the hurling.
    Our misguided friends in Tipp seem to be forgetting that Hickey and Fitzpatrick will be back this year...Remember them?

:rolleyes: Oh yeah... Now Kilkenny will definitely win this year...

That farmer Hickey... Leave the jokes out please.

In all seriousness, I don't think Kilkenny will win it this year. Your easy stride through Leinster won't help you out this year.

You certainly won't walk it. I guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Football: Cork
    Hurling: Tipperary:D

Cybercat wrote: »

LOL yeah ye have it in the bag!

Lets see, PJ Ryan hadnt made a save in about 8 years so if he has to wait as long again that should offset the return of Hickey. Kavanagh is finished without question, no real standout u-21's coming through tbh anfd oh yeah Eoin Kelly had to get out of he's wheel chair and show Shefflin what a real class forward can do, having a fully fit Kelly next year will be like Tipp having 2 new players.

Paraic Maher, Paddy Stapelton, Brendan Maher, Seamus Callinan, Pat Kerwick and Noel Mc Grath all a year older, tougher and wiser, ohhh be afraid my friend be afraid Liam will be returning to its rightful home in the heart of the Golden Vale

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Would you really be that confident? To be honest I'm not sure Hickey will be back full time next year.He hasn't really played consistently for KK since 2007. I think from a kilkenny point of view its more important to get someone else into full back other than JJ delaney who will be needed in the HB line.
    I don't agree that Kavanagh is finished, he's only 30 after all. There will be another 2 or 3 years left in him yet.

Fully fit Eoin Kelly? Again I'll belive that one when I see it. After all he had what? One good game last year?

There are enough Kilkenny fringe players knocking about to freshen up the team and don't forget they did make the U-21 final last year.

Players such as Dalton, Joyce, Colin Fennelly, Reid brothers, Richie Hogan etc. Maybe even Paddy Hogan might get a look in.

Not sure what the swipe at Shefflin was about I thought he had a very good year in 2009.

The whole thing could go any way next year, well just have to wait and see.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Would you really be that confident? To be honest I'm not sure Hickey will be back full time next year.He hasn't really played consistently for KK since 2007. I think from a kilkenny point of view its more important to get someone else into full back other than JJ delaney who will be needed in the HB line.
    I don't agree that Kavanagh is finished, he's only 30 after all. There will be another 2 or 3 years left in him yet.

Fully fit Eoin Kelly? Again I'll belive that one when I see it. After all he had what? One good game last year?

There are enough Kilkenny fringe players knocking about to freshen up the team and don't forget they did make the U-21 final last year.

Players such as Dalton, Joyce, Colin Fennelly, Reid brothers, Richie Hogan etc. Maybe even Paddy Hogan might get a look in.

Not sure what the swipe at Shefflin was about I thought he had a very good year in 2009.

Twas all a bit tounge in cheek adrian, dont mind me tis the weather, but one thing I wasnt joking about is Kavanagh, legs are gone tbh, he may only be 30 but there are alot of miles in them 30 year old legs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Maybe we can move him to number 3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Football = Wicklow

Hurling = Tipp

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »

Spot on Adrian, don't take any of those Tipp lads nonsense, master manipulators so they are (or so they believe). ;)

I personally can't wait until the proper hurling counties like Kilkenny, Cork and Dublin put Tipp and their arrogant supporters (cough premierstone cough) back into their rightful place. :pac:

Twas all a bit tounge in cheek adrian, dont mind me tis the weather, but one thing I wasnt joking about is Kavanagh, legs are gone tbh, he may only be 30 but there are alot of miles in them 30 year old legs.

His legs are indeed gone PS, and may I say I found your earlier 'tongue in cheek' remarks to be delighfully witty, Oscar Wilde would be proud of you if he was a Tipp man. I wouldn't take anything a Kilkenny man says seriously, they over-react over everything, master manipulators so they are (or so they believe). ;)

I personally can't wait until the proper hurling counties like Tipperary, Cork and Dublin put Kilkenny and their overly sensitive supporters (cough Adrian cough) back into their rightful place. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Football: Winner: Kerry
    Runner up: Kildare

Hurling: Winner, Galway
    Runner up: Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Football
    Winner: Cork
    R-Up: Kerry

Hurling
    Winner: Kilkenny
    R-Up: Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Football: Kerry beat Roscom.......... Cork

Hurling: Tipp beat Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Kerry wont win the football this year, unfortunately
    Football: Cork/Galway
    Hurling: Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kilkenny for me t walk the hurling again

Football I hope Cork but think Tyrone might beat us in Final. Of course can never ever rule out Kerry but maybe loosing few players might just be even too much for even them this time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Hurling...Tipp beating Kilkenny in the final.

Football....Cork beating Tyrone in the final.

There's a bit of a trend in this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Football.

Kernan to shore up Galway's defense but if they meet Kerry in the final they'll get done on experience but barring that I reckon they can do it.

Hurling.

Kilkenny will walk it. Tipp had their shot. The cats will be waiting for them next year and will destroy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this is the widest open year in ages in foootball....loads of team with points to proove. ive no idea who will do what.

i fancy a tipp v galway hurling final. Kilkenny are there to be beaten as they were last year. that gap is closing, but the other teams still need to improve.

Advertisement