Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Schools Open Tomorrow Morning

Options
  • 06-01-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

All Dundalk secondary schools (and most primary schools too) are open tomorrow. Is it just me or is this a bit unfair? Dundalk is one of the biggest towns in the country and there's people from as far as neighbouring counties attending secondary schools there. How are those people meant to make it to school tomorrow morning?

Pretty much all the other schools in Louth are closed, but why isn't Dundalk? It's not like the weather there isn't bad?

Plus a lot of the busses aren't running. That will make it even more difficult.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I know Bay Estate was closed..don't know about the rest. My lad's at the Friary and it was open. I didn't send him anyway, feck it. My friend took her child in and there were only 6 kids in his class that turned up. She said the corridors were mad slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

Theres no reason for them not to. Most people in the Cooley Direction are served by Cooley Schools (which are closed) and anybody in the Ardee Direction (Ardee Schools are closed) and most bus services throughout the town are running as normal and most Local and All Primary / Secondry Routes are well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You've probably all heard by now but the schools - primary and secondaries are all to be closed 'til next Thursday.

Advertisement