Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom continuity problem

• 06-01-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Basically we've had broadband for a good two years and there has always been a problem with the continuity. The red light comes on at least once during every use and sometimes it'll get knocked off a couple of times an hour.

Any advise or anyone with a similar problem??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What are your line stats?

It sounds as if you could have a very bad snr or bad internal wiring.

When posting it helps to give the speed you are on - whether you are using wireless and so on. It saves having to extract the details over a large number of posts. Also do you have anything else attached to your telephone circuit. If so is it filtered?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Sorry about the lack of info, don't really no much on the subject. Finally got some answers from eircom people so hopefully their advice will work. Thanks for your help anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I would be nice if you shared the advise eircom gave for the many on here who are having the same problem. I don't phone them for fear of putting my fist through something when they tell me it's something on my side when obviously it's their problem.

Advertisement