Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokaji

Options
  • 06-01-2010 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anyone know where I can get a bottle of this either in Ireland? or some place that will deliver to Ireland?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

enowine in dublin, also on-line and they deliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwaywinefan

is it the desert wine from hungary? harvest in galway have it, 091 580200

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

i know nearly all Wine Buff stores stock it.
    You can buy online and they'll deliver if that suits you better?

www.thewinebuff.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Tesco do a Tokay in their "Finest" range. I love Tokay (superb with a good blue cheese!) but haven't tried this one yet. However in general I find their "Finest" selection of wines pretty reliable with a reasonable relationship between price and quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwaywinefan

Harvest in galway have a selection of this wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wine_Guy

O'Briens stock 4 Tokaji wines,
    A 6 Puttonyos and a 5 Puttonyos wine, both i think are 50cl bottles.
    Great wines, and a very interesting dry white, made entirely from the furmint grape, one of the indigenous of hungary, and a fresh dessert wine made for early drinking. This one i haven't tried, i only just found it.. I'm still working my way through some Eiswein that i brought back from germany..mmmmm
    Hope this helps

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Wine_Guy wrote: »
    the furmint grape
    "How is it made?"
    "It's furminted."

Not enough Hungarian puns on this board lately.

Coman's in Rathgar have Tokaji on sale in their offie.
    /on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wine_Guy

Iolar wrote: »
    Just found this store, wow. Cheers for the link...have searched for bulls blood in quite a few stores and never came across it....also keen to try Hungarian Pinot Noir

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Coincidently I'm heading to Hungary in May ... have tours for Eger's wine valley (Home of Bulls Blood) and Tokaj region sorted. :cool:

Unfortunately I only have a 23kgs weight limit and the fact I'm visiting a whiskey shop also may limit the number of bottles of wine I can bring back :confused: . Hopefully there will be some decent stock in Duty free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

Karwig wines in Cork have the 5 puttonyos and can deliver nationwide.

Heres the product link - http://www.karwigwines.ie/pc/Oremus-Tokaji-Aszu-5-Puttonyos-1-2-bottle-500ml-39p386.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I just noticed the other day that there is a Hungarian shop on the SeanMulvey road in Galway if your down this way from Sligo. Did not go iin though so no idea if they have it.

Advertisement