Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair extensions in Cork

• 07-01-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

What is the best place to do hair extensions in Cork? Want to be recommended a place and am not too worried about price and want high quality extensions. Can anyone please help, need it done for a do shortly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BebhinnHeaven

I got hair extensions done in Cork a week ago and im really happy with the results.

I was using high quality human hair clip-ins for the past 2 yrs and it was wreaking my head clippin them in every day despite the fact that I used 2 sets and they wer really starting to pull out my hair so i decided i mite aswell try the semi perment ones.

I got them done by Asmara Extensions a woman called Jackie did them in a home salon in Blackpool...she randomly added me on Facebook a few weeks ago and they looked really good so i decided to go for it.

I wanted them really long and really thick as i av really crap thin hair naturally and they wer only 350euro for a full head of 100% human Remy hair (which is supposed to b the best) which she applied using the keratin wax strand by strand method. She can do various methods but she said that this was the best and most low maintenants and @ 350euro it was so much cheaper then anywhere else so if ur spending money on extentions anyway i would recommend this method coz its very good value and they are supposed to last for approx 4mths.

The whole thing took about an hour and a half which was really quick i though and she can also use mutiple colour hair to either blend into ur existing colour or give highlights etc. I have only had them for a week but so far they have bn really easy to manage..u can wash,blow dry,curl and strighten them and they quality of the hair is excellent. The only fault i can find with them is that the bonds are quiet big and although light weight they can b visable if ur not carefull wit how u style ur hair so i would recommend askin her not to but them in the very very back of ur hair like i did so u can tie it up with out the bonds being seen at the back! However i think my bonds cud b bigger than average as i wanted them really thick so she applied the hair in 1gm sections as opposed to the average 0.5gm.

She has two websites...asmaraextentions.com and asmaraextensions.net (best one) and shes on facebook too but ul find it easily if u google hair extensions cork.

Ok hope that helps..judgin by the lenght of this i must have covered everything :D but feel free to ask me anything i mite of left out! :)

I travelled from Galway to get them and il DEF be making the trip again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rolouzak087

Sounds like you had a good experience with Asmara but mine was not so good. I agree. My bonds were so visible and chunky also and I had to get them removed by a professional who said they were not as smooth as they could be and were sharp in places. Mine were so close to the root that i have lumps all over my scalp where they were applied and they were so sore to sleep on.
    I've had bonded extensions in several times and I found the quality of the hair used by Asmara very poor in comparison. She claimed to be using the 'finest Remy hair' but it was fuzzy and bushy in comparison to previous bonded ones and even my clips ins I have here.
    I was very upset when she was done but she got very defensive and said that was what they always look like. (I was unhappy that she didnt do a good job to blend them and so many were visible.)
    I would advise against using Asmara as the quality of the work was not up to the same standards of the previous professionals who put them in for me before.
    I would recommend-
    www.hairextensions.ie
    www.hairport.ie
    You get what you pay for but I would say that the quality of service and products are not worth the money even if it is slightly cheaper than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rolouzak087

I travelled down form Dublin to Cork to Asmara and had a very bad experience. It's worth paying for good quality extensions, believe me. I have had extensions for years and have found the standards of not only the work and 'skills' but also the hair to be really poor. I had mine removed immediatley by a professional so it was a complete waste of time, petrol and money!!!
    Please do your homework before you part with your money and inspect the hair first if possible. Also remember that it will be bonded into your hair for a long time so it has to look the best so you feel good.
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sally80

Its amazing the lenghts that people will go to run down competition, I have only good things to say about asmara, great hair, reliable service, nice people, totally natural looking good quality hair, what can I say, I have sent so many people to asmara and I will continue to do so because there good, thumbs up from me anywayxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

These threads are asking for advice and are NOT to be turned into a sniping of rivel hairdressers. Help the OP or stay out of the threads. I won't have this forum used as a spam battlefield.
    First and ONLY warning.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gilly108

thanks for all the tips, I am going to go with asmara extensions as a few of my friends already recommended them I have rang everyone I have found on the internet and they are definitely the best price , I will let ye all know how I get on.:) gilly

• Registered Users Posts: 8 badasscork

wow i didnt realise that the clip in hair extensions were so bad for your hair, 350 euro is not alot of money if you get to save time and money. thanks for lettin m kno where in cork i can get it done x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carareen

Badasscork plz pm me in info bout extensions etc thanks xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement