Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 hour commute

Options
  • 07-01-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

took seven hours to get from busaras to dunshaughlin on a 109 today...no joke...why does the city SHUT DOWN with a few inches of snow..its ridiculous..im so pissed off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I feel your pain. I was very lucky to be working out of Dublin today. Did people not need to use the loo? What was the mood on the bus?

Did you see this link?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055790161

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Sh*t the bed, 7 hours! Poor commuters. Thats unreal. How long does it take normally? I'd be ringing in sick or taking holidays for rest of week and hope for the best by Monday. I'd say tensions were high on the bus. For all our modernisation sometimes we are only a short step of a third world country really.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

no i didnt see link sorry, wel the bus was at a standstill so you were frree to get off and go to the toilet, shop, out for a smoke in the lovely surrounds of phibsboro as you wished, t the mater the bus couldnt get up the hill...too slippy so we had to et a different bus. it was crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

it usually takes an hour and a quarter? yeah poor planning and organisation on behalf of the city council

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

glut22 wrote: »
    no i didnt see link sorry, wel the bus was at a standstill so you were frree to get off and go to the toilet, shop, out for a smoke in the lovely surrounds of phibsboro as you wished, t the mater the bus couldnt get up the hill...too slippy so we had to et a different bus. it was crazy

I wasnt having a go, I was just pointing out for information purposes so you would see what some other fellow travellers went through.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

It took my son from 5pm until 10pm to get from Busaras to Trim with the longest part of the journey being as far as Black Bull. He was not impressed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

glut22 wrote: »

if you had hit the 'grow shop' across from the Church time would have passed pretty quickly....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

On a normal day with no heavy traffic, it takes around 45-50 minutes to reach Dunshaughlin from Busaras. I was on for almost 4 hours on Wednesday evening.

I'm actually so bummed about finishing work & facing it later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Is it not possible for some of you to leave at lunch time?

I did that yesterday and it was fine, aside from a few skids. Leaving after 4pm is just storing trouble for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Work isn't very happy about people not being in, etc.
    Unfair yes, but they suck.

So I have to stay until my shift is over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement