Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women in high heels

• 07-01-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I just think girls look slightly trashy/slutty in high heels. Yes, I know they all wear them, nut I don't like it. Anyone with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I just think girls look slightly trashy/slutty in high heels. Yes, I know they all wear them, nut I don't like it. Anyone with me?

You're on your own there :p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

how high is high?
    Is a two inch boot heel still trashy to you?

(just curious btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

In general you're just wrong. Completely wrong. Way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

You not alone.... +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

He's not wrong.

I don't know about slutty/trashy, but they don't look good enough to be worth the pain girls endure for them.

• Advertisement

Just to point out - I wear heels, some of em low, some of em high, none of which I'd consider trashy or slutty. I only buy heels that I can walk in and that don't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

I don't think girls who wear them are thrashy/slutty, as nearly all girls wear them, I just think they look a small bit thrashy/slutty when they wear them. Sometimes when I see a girl during the day and think she is hot, then on a night out im slightly put off when I see her in heels. It wouldn't stop me making a move, but I just don't like it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

i really like them....the more women wear them the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If the lady in question can walk in them comfortably and confidently, then yes, if not, no.

Simples :)

It's strange though, that pretty shoes (not slutty ones) with a heel of any sort makes you think less of the girl overall?
    like I've seen girls in slutty/trashy heels, but there are a *lot* of nice heels that I really can't see how they'd make a girl look trashy in.

I'm not disputing what you think - I'm just curious to how it registers that way with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

star-pants wrote: »
    It's strange though, that pretty shoes (not slutty ones) with a heel of any sort makes you think less of the girl overall?
    like I've seen girls in slutty/trashy heels, but there are a *lot* of nice heels that I really can't see how they'd make a girl look trashy in.

I'm not disputing what you think - I'm just curious to how it registers that way with you

It doesn't make me think less of the girl overall. I just don't like to see it, not sure why, maybe I subconsciously think it conveys that the girl wearing them is easy or something(not the case, I know). It's not like it makes me lose respect for them or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I don't know about slutty/trashy, but they don't look good enough to be worth the pain girls endure for them.

I find it kind of weird that you think girls endure "pain" to wear heels? :confused:

Some high heel shoes are painful to wear. Some low shoes are painful to wear.

I try to avoid the painful ones - low or high. As do most girls I know.

Believe me, we do not walk around in agony all day, in some effort to please you guys :rolleyes:

Personally, I usually wear 4-5 inch heels - because I like them, because they look good on me, because they're comfortable to walk in, because they keep my feet dry in the snow!

My boyfriend is the other side of the country, so it's not to please him - nor to please any other man, before you suggest it!

High heels are what I'm comfy in. In my opinion, nice heels worn with a fitted skirt suit are in no way "trashy" or "slutty" - in fact, I think it's quite a polished professional look.

You don't think so? I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Heels & boots get a big thumbs up and a giggidy from me :D

It doesn't make me think less of the girl overall. I just don't like to see it, not sure why, maybe I subconsciously think it conveys that the girl wearing them is easy or something(not the case, I know). It's not like it makes me lose respect for them or anything

No that's grand - it's just an odd reaction I would have thought. If overall the girl was dressed nicely/smartly etc, perhaps for work or going out, and had pretty heels to accompany, that that might make some people see it as trashy.
    different strokes for different folks I guess. Do even low heels/boots come across as trashy to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Some heels look trashy and some don't..it depends on the girl...

for example these heels would look trashy on one girl but another might just pull it off...

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=7114843

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lordnoah

I love a girl in high heels. But not if it makes her a lot taller than me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I think heels improve most girls, tbh.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Can I just ask... What's wrong with looking a bit trashy on occasion? It's fun to be a tad overtly sexy the odd time.

Aside from that, I don't think all heels make girls look trashy - trashy heels make girls look trashy. But that's ok too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

I don't think girls who wear them are thrashy/slutty, as nearly all girls wear them, I just think they look a small bit thrashy/slutty when they wear them. Sometimes when I see a girl during the day and think she is hot, then on a night out im slightly put off when I see her in heels. It wouldn't stop me making a move, but I just don't like it. :o

Has it got anything to do with height? I mean if you saw a girl during the day in flat shoes & then saw her again towering over you in her high heels.....?

I find it kind of weird that you think girls endure "pain" to wear heels? :confused:

I try to avoid the painful ones - low or high. As do most girls I know.

Believe me, we do not walk around in agony all day, in some effort to please you guys :rolleyes:

Personally, I usually wear 4-5 inch heels - because I like them, because they look good on me, because they're comfortable to walk in, because they keep my feet dry in the snow!

My boyfriend is the other side of the country, so it's not to please him - nor to please any other man, before you suggest it!

High heels are what I'm comfy in. In my opinion, nice heels worn with a fitted skirt suit are in no way "trashy" or "slutty" - in fact, I think it's quite a polished professional look.

I don't know where to begin... This is ridiculous and insulting to me.

You think no girls endure pain to wear heels just because you and your friends don't? I disagree.
    You think I'm some kind of backward chauvanist who thinks a girl would only wear heels to please men? I'm not and I don't.

It's a discussion, there are going to be differing opinions, why be so obnoxious?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Women in high heels
    Am I the only one who doesn't like it?

Oh my god, and don't get me started on suspender belts and stockings............ horrid things altogether.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

shellyboo wrote: »
    Can I just ask... What's wrong with looking a bit trashy on occasion? It's fun to be a tad overtly sexy the odd time.

Aside from that, I don't think all heels make girls look trashy - trashy heels make girls look trashy. But that's ok too :)

wwwoahhhhh.. back up the digger !!!

There's a difference between trashy and overtly sexy!

Yeah, I think I'd define trashy as an attempt to look sexy that went horribly wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ever think that maybe women wear high heels to feel good about themselves and not for men to approve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think women in heels can be very sexy.
    They elongate, define and show off a good pair of legs.
    What's not to like?

I think women in heels can be very sexy.
    They elongate, define and show off a good pair of legs.
    What's not to like?

+1 on this, only ones I dont like are those stripper heels that look like the girl is tottering around on a block of wood strapped to her toes, but a nice, elegant pair of shoes, heels or not, are very attractive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Anton.Mamyko

The fact that most (young?) women in this county cant walk in them and just look rtrdd and the fact that if you are stuck with one of them ALL you hear all night is how awful the shoes are....i mean SHUT THE FK UP-ya know?
    other than that it does wonders for posture...again-if they dont look like one leg is a foot shorter than the other when they walk.

women eh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    wwwoahhhhh.. back up the digger !!!

There's a difference between trashy and overtly sexy!

There is? Do explain :) I get that there's classy sexy and slutty sexy... I'm saying both are ok. The latter in moderation.

That's OT though. Just pointing out that there's no harm in looking a wee bit slutty now and then.

I'm sure lots of girls (like me) have a few pairs of "bedroom-only" shoes in the wardrobe... Sometimes they make it outside. Makes you feel pretty sexy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

I didn't fully read the OP post....... I have to say I dislike high heels on Women. Not so much that they look trashy, but I think in a way ladies, ye are de meaning yourselves. Sorry, tis my twisted logic. I think the same way about make up too!

I've experienced enough high heeled shoes been taken off leaving a wedding or nite club by my partner to know that they are uncomfortable and I don't know what bothers me more about them that.

i) why would anyone wear anything that is that uncomfortable and by the end of the day/night you will need to take them off..

ii) that any woman feels that they need to apply stilts under their feet to make them feel like they look more attractive, or feel better about themselves?? I think the same counts for make up too imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

high heels.

just in the high heels or with a corset or something like that:D

I will say this, if a girl wears high heels during sex its unbelievably sexy, can lead to minor injuries though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Maybe I'm just sad but I find it way more attractive when women wear comfortable clothes/shoes. Hell even in college I think the girls who don't look like they've been up for 3 hours getting ready are hotter. It's a different kind of confidence they have I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

OP - Go see a doctor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Heels are nice , though I have to say they look best on girls who are tall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

The fact that most (young?) women in this county cant walk in them and just look rtrdd and the fact that if you are stuck with one of them ALL you hear all night is how awful the shoes are....i mean SHUT THE FK UP-ya know?
    other than that it does wonders for posture...again-if they dont look like one leg is a foot shorter than the other when they walk.

women eh...

bitter, bitter man. Have encountered this kind of thing maybe once in my life. I think you're exaggerating more than The Sun newspaper talking about a celebrity taking drugs.

Next time you see a girl looking "rtdd" in heels ask yourself why you're not checking out her arse.

Also, OP, you are the only one. Anyone who agrees with you is a troll or someone who's girlfriend slept with his best mate whilst wearing heels.

• Advertisement

women eh...

There's no need for that .:(

loctite wrote: »
    I didn't fully read the OP post....... I have to say I dislike high heels on Women. Not so much that they look trashy, but I think in a way ladies, ye are de meaning yourselves. Sorry, tis my twisted logic. I think the same way about make up too!

I don't get these generalising statements here...
    I've already said that I don't buy heels that I can't walk in/ can't last the night in etc. I've never in my life hung on to someone going 'omg my shoes are so freaking sore', I've never in my life taken my shoes off to walk in my bare feet cuz they're so sore.

*some* women wear shoes they can't walk in or hurt like hell (heels or not!)
    *some* women are a bit more sensible and will test out the shoes in the shop and make sure they're comfortable first.

I really don't see how 'ladies are demeaning' themselves by wearing nice shoes.
    What do you think of those slip on shoes that are flatter than a piece of paper that peoples feet keep slipping out of at the back so they're all flattened and they look stupid? Personally I'd rather wear something that's *on* my foot, be that runners/shoes/heels/boots.

Where do you stand on boots btw?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

BumbleB wrote: »
    There's no need for that .:(
    Don't feed the trolls, it keeps them fed :D

High heels worn properly = hot!

star-pants wrote: »
    Where do you stand on boots btw?

The soles, I'd hope.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lets keep in quiet in here. Keep on topic. Attack the post and NOT the poster. Keep on topic. Little online quips might be amusing but they are not the topic of discussion. So, just to make it clear, keep to the topic.

OP, high heels are a fashion. They'll be out of favour in a while and all the ladies will be wearing kitten heels instead. :)

A high heels has two effects on a woman, first is the gain in height but more importantly, as Pika mentioned earlier, is that it redefines the shape of a woman's leg by lengthening the calf and giving her an elegant long legged shape that is attractive.

I love high heels but only with a flat sole. When they start to platform up I find them less attractive. No, thats wrong, let me rephrase. Flat sole high heels to me are classy, platformed high heels are more playful.

Did I mention keeping this thread on topic?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

lordnoah wrote: »
    I love a girl in high heels. But not if it makes her a lot taller than me :P

I think a lot of men secretly dislike heels for this reason!
    I've heard countless guys give out about women being taller than them when they're wearing them.
    Perhaps it's something to do with feeling emasculated? - When the woman's taller, she's more physically dominant.
    You think no girls endure pain to wear heels just because you and your friends don't? I disagree.

I agree with you on this one. On any given weekend, you'll see countless women in nightclubs, pubs, on the street, taking off their heels because they can't take the pain anymore.
    I think scenarios like that make heels seem less sexy and more trashy to men.
    It's not attractive, seeing a woman howling in pain, trying to remove a pair of stillettos from her feet!
    It gives the impression that high heels are torture implements.

There's also the fact that women's fashion and dress conventions for nights out doesn't necessarily always reflect what men are attracted to. I don't find the dolled up, hair and makeup, dress and high heels look particularly attractive personally, and I think many other guys would be similar.

I don't find the dolled up, hair and makeup, dress and high heels look particularly attractive personally, and I think many other guys would be similar.

So, high heels in your mind go hand in hand with a certain image and type of woman (ie. the type of women who gets "dolled up" for a night out)?

Maybe that's why you're not partial to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i know a few lads who wont let there girls wear heels and its because they dont want them to look sexy, there insecure with themselves..

ps, i think there stupid physically as they cause health issues but they look great so im a fan of the look..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Its funny when youre talking to a girl and you tell her she s tall then she takes off her heels and she's tiny . kinda cute I think.

cowzerp wrote: »
    ps, i think there stupid physically as they cause health issues but they look great so im a fan of the look..

In fairness, any ill-fitting shoe can cause health issues, I wouldn't say it's just high heels, and I wouldn't say it's every high heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

As long as she can walk comfortably between pubs during a bar-crawl and not end up whinging about sore feet / not being able to keep up, I'm all for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

So, high heels in your mind go hand in hand with a certain image and type of woman (ie. the type of women who gets "dolled up" for a night out)?

Maybe that's why you're not partial to them!

I think Herbal Deity and I are coming from the same place, and it's not about a "type" of woman or anything. Of course there's going to be generalisations when talking about this, unless we're gonna go out and take pictures and discuss women one-by-one, but in the vast majority of cases in my experience girls/women don't like wearing heels but do it because they thing they look good. I don't think heels make that big a difference, I'm a legs man and I know a good pair of legs either way, but if a woman would prefer to look good over being comfortable, I've find that very, very unattractive. Obviously there are exceptions, some women do like wearing heels, I've not met any that I know of. :P
    It just comes back to what I was saying earlier, I find women who put a lot of effort into their appearance pretty unattractive a lot of the time. When I'm sitting in a 9 o'clock lecture and they look like they've been up longer than me despite me living 55 miles away, I don't like that. Girl wearing cotton tracksuit pants and a hoody and little or no make-up, brilliant. :) To me it hints at an understated confidence, not a shouty/chatty type, a much more important one.
    But hey, that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 free gaff?

if a girl is hot and slutty that gives me a boner. most irish girls dont suit it because they ugly lol

and idk maby the op is a fag or somethin lmfao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

At least he adhered to correct spelling, grammar and punctuation!

a53a6.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement