Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEI grants query

• 07-01-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I've just learned you can get a grant from the SEI for replacing you attic insulation (€250). However, according to their website, the work has to be carried out by a contractor in order to apply for the grant :eek:

Anyone know if it's possible to apply for the grant without employing someone to do a relatively easy job?

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

No chance!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

The minimum grant is €500 so you would have to get some other work carried out in addition to the attic insulation.

www.sei.ie/hes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

The grant is applied for after works completed. Company/person hired for works must be SEI registered as they sign, send in etc the grant application form. No other way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sb42810

According to the SIE website Grant Approval must be in place prior to any purchase of materials or commencement of works is undertaken and Grants are paid after the measures are completed and the contractor has been paid by the homeowner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Here's an email reply I got from SEI with my original query. Ridiculous IMO -

Thank you for contacting Sustainable Energy Ireland in relation to the Home Energy Savings Scheme.

No, firstly because under the scheme, the work needs to be carried out by registered contractors. Also you must apply for at least 500 EUR grant assistance, I.E. if you applied for attic insulation (250 EUR) by itself, you would not be applicable.

If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us at hes@sei.ie or call 1850 927 000.

Regards,
    Dermot O?Sullivan
    Home Energy Savings Scheme

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

Yeah you must be prior approved for any type of grants from the SEI and I think you have to use a contractor that is registered with them. The contractor has to sign the job off in order for you to get paid. That is the way it worked when I got a Geothermal Underfloor heating system done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dvdshel

ab20 wrote: »
    Yeah you must be prior approved for any type of grants from the SEI and I think you have to use a contractor that is registered with them. The contractor has to sign the job off in order for you to get paid. That is the way it worked when I got a Geothermal Underfloor heating system done.
    hello i'm just wondering if there is a grant for upgrading the windows in your house

Advertisement