Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC mocks 2010 predictions and hopes.

Options
  • 07-01-2010 1:35am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭

What do you guys want from the mocks?

I'm looking for:

Maths - C
    Applied Maths - C
    Chemistry - B
    Biology - B
    English - B
    French - C
    Geography - C
    Irish - B (ordinary)

I'd say I've got high hopes because I did pretty much wasted the holidays, but I'd say if I really tried I could pull it off. What about you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

To pass everything, basically! I know they're not going to go well but if I fail anything, I know I'll start doubting myself massively, so hopefully just passing everything is not asking too much :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

To pass everything, basically! I know they're not going to go well but if I fail anything, I know I'll start doubting myself massively, so hopefully just passing everything is not asking too much :confused:
    Agreed. I don't see the point in setting targets for the mocks. Pass everything and I'm happy because I know that I can push on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Best idea is to just do your best in the mocks and see what you can improve on. That's what I'm doing anyway. I'm not going to kill myself with revision for something that's harder and not even the real thing.

But IS mocks harder than the LC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

English - B3
    Irish(OL) D3+
    Maths(OL hopefully) A1/2 if its pass
    German(OL) - C1
    Economics - A2
    Home Ec - B2
    Biology - C2

390. Would take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    But IS mocks harder than the LC?
    It's not harder. You just have less revision done, less work done etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Also mock examiners are really weird. In our junior cert english class nobody got higher than a C, but many got As in the actual junior cert. Same with history too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

zam wrote: »
    Also mock examiners are really weird. In our junior cert english class nobody got higher than a C, but many got As in the actual junior cert. Same with history too!

They're not weird- they're just plain bad a lot of the time. They're either too rushed when correcting, underpaid, or know nothing about how the marking of LC papers actually work. English never seems to be corrected properly- the papers are not read properly at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

Kinda hoping for low C's in history and biology HL, maybe B3 for French and hopefully a B2 for English, Irish, French & Home Ec. And, if I pass pass maths I'd be delighted haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Im hoping for........

Business- A2

Economics- B1

Construction- B2

English- C2/3

Technology- C2

Math- B1 (O)

Irish- C2 (O)

Thats about 415points....would be extatic for the mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm hoping for any sort of B for history geography and art. A c in English would be fine as would a C in French. A pass in ordinary level maths would be a dream come true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Not sure how i'm going to do in the mocks tbh. I havn't studied as much as i should have so I don't expect to do really well. I'd like to get at least a C in everything but won't be gutted if it doesn't happen because i know i have more work to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Maths (ord) B1
    English B2
    Irish (ord) D3
    French B3
    History A2
    Accounting C2
    Biology C2

I did nothing over Christmas so it will be tough but if the History turns out okay, I`ll do alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Maths - C
    English - C
    Irish (O) - B
    Physics - B/C
    Geography - B
    History - B
    Art - A/B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

What I want:

English-A1. This will involve a lot of work because I haven't started my comparative study or poetry yet, fun times ahead. I like English though and I got an A1 last year,so Paper 1 will be grand and hopefully I can pull it off.
    Irish-B1. Depends on what essay comes up though. :/ Aiming for an A in the real thing with the hope of getting a B1 in it.
    Maths-B2. If I work for it,I'll get it. Otherwise I'll be in C territory.
    French-A2/B1. Want an A in the real thing,anyway.
    Chemistry-A1. Definitely should get this.
    Physics-A1. Again,I'd be disappointed if I didn't get it.
    Economics-A1. Doable,hopefully.

Can't see this happening,but there you go anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

zam wrote: »

Same with ours in 2007! Was a total mock up! (excuse the pun!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Well you have to remember that there's four months between the mocks and the real deal, you can get a lot done in four months. And of course the mocks aren't corrected to the same standard as the real exam, plus mock questions sometimes are harder than questions that would come up in June. Add this to the tendency of some correctors to mark the mocks down -so as to not give the students an inflated head- it's no big surprise lots of people jump up 2+ grades from the mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

fcuked for the pre's!! To pass everything would be great.. and hopefully do well in Geography, Art, Music and French. And a good pass in Irish seeming I need a C3 in the real thing. Need to start studying!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

As weird as it sounds, I'd rather do bad in the mocks than good.

I did well in the JC Mocks but then felt like I was sorted for the real thing, and got a bit stressed the week before when I realised I wasn't as well prepared as I thought!

We don't get our mocks corrected by external examiners - our ordinary teachers do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mock papers often contain questions on areas that are not on the syllabus and the standard of their corrections varies wildly.

You should really only judge yourself on your performace an a proper SEC past paper corrrected by someone who has corrected in the past for the SEC.

The mock paper companies are businesses set up to make money. They have no interest in how accurate their papers are or how you will do in your real exam. Bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I just hope to pass everything and get around 350 points=)

Then i hopefully be on my way to 400points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I really just wanna pass everything. I'm aiming higher in the real thing but don't expect (or even want) to do well in the mocks - weird marking, haven't prepared properly, will make me "rest on my laurels" if I do well...

Advertisement