Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Network Problem?

• 07-01-2010 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems with Meteor here in Tralee since about half twelve. Some of the time, the network is there and appears on the list when I search but it won't connect. Most of the times I've searched it hasn't come up, which is strange as I usually have full coverage. I can also usually receive both a GSM 900 cell and a GSM 1800 cell but none of them are appearing now (it's possible both of them are from the same site however).

It looks quite like some form of maintenance work as opposed to an error. Is anyone else having problems anywhere else? I manually selected Vodafone as the network (It's open around here because of Meteor's roaming agreement) and that works fine so that world suggest the backbone of the network is ok.

Comments

Iv been having terrible trouble with my iPhone on meteor in Dublin.
    Im receiving 1 in 4 phone calls, messages are coming in all at once at times.

My phone works fine if im on the 3G band, but 3G isnt always available, so on the standard GSM im back to square one.

Hope its fixed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

cisk wrote: »
    Iv been having terrible trouble with my iPhone on meteor in Dublin.
    Im receiving 1 in 4 phone calls, messages are coming in all at once at times.

My phone works fine if im on the 3G band, but 3G isnt always available, so on the standard GSM im back to square one.

Hope its fixed soon.

It's been fixed for me now. I'm using GSM, there's no 3G here yet.

I seem to be doing fine on the GSM band now, so fingers crossed the problem is sorted:)

Advertisement