Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep/bed position

• 07-01-2010 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hey :) this might sound very strange but i told my friend bout my fear and he said it was like a phobia so i said i would post here and see what people think. I moved into a new apt about 4months ago, my room is ground floor next to a public walkway rarley used at night, i found it very hard to sleep in my room for the first month and used to sleep on the couch, then slowly moved into the room after re-arranging the bed, i regulary suffer from sleep peralsis, and have a fear of sleeping with my back to an outside wall because of whats outside, i cant sleep the way the bed is now because of aufal sleep peralisis last night and cant move the bed because im afraid of whats behind me. Just writing this down sounds crazy but hey its late and i'm afraid to sleep :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

im no shrink or anything but since your fear seems to be all in your head (dont mean to sound condesending) why not try trick your brain. . . put some pillows down the side of the wall and tell yourself that they are blocking out the 'badness' for want of a better word. may help . . .:D

i used to get sleep paralasis alot and at the start it freaked me out but now anytime it happens i stay calm, and then just start blinking, then you should be able to twitch your nose and this starts a chain reaction where by the movement comes back to everywhere else. . . just what works for me;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

That sounds exactly like me. Some nights it won't effect me at all and other nights it an terrify me, even if I KNOW I'm being irrational, I still can't stop the fear.

What I do to help is I turn on a small lamp beside me and leave it on all night, I wrap up tight in the blankets so I can feel noone/nothing in the blanket, and I put on the television or music (although I have to pause it occassionly to make sure I can't hear anyone).

Good luck, I hope it gets better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

This is probably not helping but...

why did you move into a place that you wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping in?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pantisniffer

....., i cant sleep the way the bed is now :(

Lisa,..

I recently moved apartment and could not sleep properly until I discovered the importance of bed position. Since moving my bed into the 'east-west position',...I'm sleeping like a log! Its all about magnetic energy flow. Energy flows from the east and is better for your head to be facing east. Never North-South.

Hope this will help you also:http://fengshui.about.com/od/fengshuiforhome/qt/feng_shui_beds.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ClearlyEnlight

i found it very hard to sleep in my room for the first month and used to sleep on the couch, then slowly moved into the room after re-arranging the bed, i regulary suffer from sleep peralsis, and have a fear of sleeping with my back to an outside wall because of whats outside, i cant sleep the way the bed is now because of aufal sleep peralisis last night and cant move the bed because im afraid of whats behind me. Just writing this down sounds crazy but hey its late and i'm afraid to sleep

That sounds like some Lower Entity Problems.
    Energy flows from the east and is better for your head to be facing east. Never North-South.

I know of people that will say the opposite, but from my experience changing the bed around every couple of weeks is healthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Pantisniffer's right (Is that really your name?) It's down to Feng Shui. There's a lot of small things that can mess up your body, mind and soul when you sleep. Things like position of mirrors can cause bad energy and having the bed facing the door, it can make you feel like you have to leave as soon as you wake up which can give you slight anxiety when going to bed.

Recently, we changed sides of the bed and had the most awful nights sleep. We woke up the next morning and begged each other to swap again, our bodies had gotten into a routine.

Definitely move some things around in your room and try take out the bad energy items like electronics and replace them with candles or incense, you'll be surprised how much it will help!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pantisniffer

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Pantisniffer's right (Is that really your name?),...take out the bad energy items like electronics and replace them with candles or incense, you'll be surprised how much it will help!

Yeah,..that's me ! :D

Lisa,....you are so right about removing electronics. Years ago, when I got my first pad (tiny bedsit), I had stereo speakers within 4 ft of my bed and I was wondering why I always had restless sleep and wake up with headaches.

I also noticed with one speaker placed beside the tv,...the screen developed a yellow/green 'stain/distortion' next to the speaker.
    It was the strong magnets in the speaker causing it.
    Can you imagine what they can do to human tissue long term?

No wonder there are lobby groups for residents concerned about over-head high voltage power lines.:(

Advertisement