Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA 2010 New Jersey

Options
  • 07-01-2010 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Following the countys recent sponsorship deal with Vodafone, is there any word on wether there'll be a new jersey design or just the Vodafone logo incorporated onto the jersey? :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fagan1993 wrote: »
    Following the countys recent sponsorship deal with Vodafone, is there any word on wether there'll be a new jersey design or just the Vodafone logo incorporated onto the jersey? :confused:

I saw a picture of the new jersey the other day in one of the papers, also seen the same 1 in one of the sports shops, a guy working there had a pic in some internal promo.

The main difference is that the main colour of the home jersey is in Vodafone red, looks pretty similar to the England cricket shirt, i'd say 70% red, 30% blue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

scudzilla wrote: »
    i'd say 70% red, 30% blue
    Hilarous if true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

The main difference is that the main colour of the home jersey is in Vodafone red, looks pretty similar to the England cricket shirt, i'd say 70% red, 30% blue
    Are you serious? :confused: Cant imagine that going down too well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mailblaney

haven't seen anything yet to be honest.
    i saw the the dublin football team played a match last week with no sponsor on the jersey, so I guess there finalizing the design.
    they probably will change the design as well as the sponsor. It makes sense. People are more likely to buy a new jersey rather than the same jersey with the sponsors logo changed. Was last years jersey a new jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

mailblaney wrote: »
    haven't seen anything yet to be honest.
    i saw the the dublin football team played a match last week with no sponsor on the jersey, so I guess there finalizing the design.
    they probably will change the design as well as the sponsor. It makes sense. People are more likely to buy a new jersey rather than the same jersey with the sponsors logo changed. Was last years jersey a new jersey?

Yes last years jersey was a new jersey.To be honest,it is a sham that a jersey only has a lifespan of one year before it becomes obsolete.I won't be wasting money to buy a new Dublin jersey for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tomaoo7

:mad:i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I have a sense of deja vou in this thread.

Unless it's a school uniform with Vodafone stuck on it we won't be seeing it in September anyway ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

Are you serious? :confused: Cant imagine that going down too well
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

MickTipp wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Good point
    Eh... Whoosh! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

So does anyone have any info when this will be released or any leaked pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dellboydub

I saw a picture of the new jersey the other day in one of the papers, also seen the same 1 in one of the sports shops, a guy working there had a pic in some internal promo.

do you have a link to this or what paper was it in ide like to have a look

dellboydub wrote: »
    do you have a link to this or what paper was it in ide like to have a look
    are you dellboydub of Hs check out Gaa tipster real blues there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Could this not be merged with the 2010 Jersey thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

This is a load of rubbish to be honest. My guess is the Dublin jersey will be more or less the same and the vodafone logo will be made blue to fit in with the colour scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dellboydub

tomaoo7 wrote: »
    are you dellboydub of Hs check out Gaa tipster real blues there

have you got a link to it cant seam to find it thanks

dellboydub wrote: »
    have you got a link to it cant seam to find it thanks
    gaatipster.forumotion.net

• Registered Users Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

what jersey did the dubs wear today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

namloc1980 wrote: »
    what jersey did the dubs wear today??

The 2009 with no sponsor logo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

The numbers on the back were white though instead of the usual navy and were nearly impossible to make out from afar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

4283092984_1d44b8b2cc.jpg

Jersey from today was a disaster! White Numbers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

We were all wrong in a way!!

New Dublin jersey.

4B3C3F5F95D248BDBB82EC854CFEFF1D_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

It's very simple, such a racket though after only bringing out a new one last year! Maybe they should have just slapped Vodafone across last years design.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Here's a couple more...

Like the jersey bar the sponsor.

27yslc5.jpg

bg8o5t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Not too happy with that.

its such a scam bringing out a new jersey now after only launching a new one last season!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

more pics on http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1001088/.

as a non-Dub, i have to concede it's the nicest Gaa jersey in a long time. (hopefully Kildare will ensure it won't be needed after July:))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I really dont like the new jersey at all

The red is so out of place there it is almost laughable voda should have made it blue even having vodafone with four letters in each shade of blue would have been nicer then that

GAAman wrote: »
    I really dont like the new jersey at all

The red is so out of place there it is almost laughable voda should have made it blue even having vodafone with four letters in each shade of blue would have been nicer then that

agree that the red looks stupid. but vodafones corporate colours are red and nowadays money talks!!! jersey is ok. not great just ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I think it's a lovely jersey and a helluva better than that horrible soccer style jersey we had in 2009.

Advertisement