Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Millenium bug not dead

• 07-01-2010 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Just got this from nct website.
    This booking occurs in the past. To proceed, a new booking needs to be scheduled.

Registration ID : ******
    VIN : **************
    Year : 2000
    Make : TOYOTA
    Model : ************
    Colour : RED
    Registration Date : **/01/2000
    Test Centre : 34 (Nenagh)
    Booking Status : Notification Letter Sent
    Appointment Date : ***day, ** January 1900
    Appointment Time : 12:00 AM
    Appointment Email : *********@eircom.net
    Service Type : Periodic Inspection

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

You missed your appointment. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I think it's suposed to be tomorrow. Looks like I need a microwave or a tardis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

In Windows, I think that there's some variable which interprets what the year is when you enter a two-digit version of it, but the variable only covers a range of 100 years. For example, if I now type in 10, my PC will interpret it as 2010 because I remember during my last installation that my installation of Windows covers the years between 1930 and 2029. If I type in, say 41 after the year 2029 on this same PC, however, it will interpret it as 1941 and not 2041.

This obviously isn't making sense, so just go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Customize -> Date and then you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, my point is that maybe this is what's happening in the example you've provided.

Kevin

I booked this appointment before Christmas, they had a difficulty giving an appointment for the new year and I had to ring back. I have not recieved any writen confirmation of appointment. Tomorrow should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

2 stroke wrote: »
    I booked this appointment before Christmas, they had a difficulty giving an appointment for the new year and I had to ring back. I have not recieved any writen confirmation of appointment. Tomorrow should be interesting.
    Bear in mind that a new crowd have taken over now, so maybe something went wrong in transferring all the old bookings from the old to the new system (assuming there is a new system that is).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's what happens when you take your car to a delorian mechanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

If you'd said what model of Toyota it is, I could have asked whether it would even do 88mph and that might have been funny. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

2 stroke wrote: »
    I think it's suposed to be tomorrow. Looks like I need a microwave or a tardis.
    ...or a Ford Model T.

If you'd said what model of Toyota it is, I could have asked whether it would even do 88mph and that might have been funny. :o

That will be funny in 1950.

Advertisement