Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Bank Account Abroad

Options
  • 07-01-2010 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Im heading to spain for a few months. I have some savings in my BOI bank account and wish to be able to access them in spain. What are the charges for this does anyone know, say per €100 taken out? Also I have just a standard bank card obviously this wont work in spain, will it? So should I apply for a laser debit card? :rolleyes:

Sorry if its a bit of a n00b question :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Some Irish banks offer fee free withdrawls on european transaction. It would probably be better to open one of these accounts. When I was in Spain on holidays last year I just withdrew my money from the atm over there and my debit card was not charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum which basically covers this.

Fees should always be confirmed with the institution involved, but pretty much all Euro transactions via ATM's should not be chargeable (unless the ATM provider itself levies a charge).

Check the sticky above for what cards will work :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement