Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

secondhand minilabs?

• 07-01-2010 6:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

was wondering what they would cost now that alot of chemists are phasing out film or have done already, where does this old equipment go? I'd love some kind of fuji frontier minlab but I wouldnt need the printing module, just the developing machine, not sure if the scanner is built into that.

an E6 minilab would be even more awesome, Id prob quit digital altogether if I could shoot film and have the images developed and scanned within an hour of getting home!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

You won't have any problem getting one, but:
    Scanners are in the Printing Modules
    You need a Minimum of about 10 films a day to keep the chemistry fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Haha yeah I've pondered the same thing myself on occasion. The problem is, as valueinireland points out, that you need the volumes to make the chemistry pay its keep. I think they operate what's called a 'replenished line' which means that you use starter packs of the chemicals and then replenish them as you run films through it. Without the replenishment the chems start going bad.
    You also have to keep the thing meticulously clean, something which, in fairness, most minilabs in operation certainly aren't. Plus they're kinda big and still surprisingly expensive to buy, i'd say a lot of places still have them around for the print and the paper wet development bit (if the fuji ones still do that, afaik the kodak ones are all digital now but the fuji ones used to expose digitally onto crystal archive and wet develop).

But yeah, a man can dream ! I can just imagine the look on my wifes face if I arrived home with one though. Lets see ... Washing machine ... Fridge ... Fuji frontier minilab ... Oven ...

Advertisement