Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charlesland shuttle - driving a little too fast?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a regular user of the shuttle and think its a great service. The driver is really nice too.

However, has anyone noticed him driving a little too fast for the conditions? Maybe I'm a control freak but I was getting nervous (as others were) at him flying around the roundabouts when charlesland is slippier than the government in a tight squeeze...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

As BA would say "crazy fools" driving too quick around Charlesland atm.

Slow down people. Children are playing in the snow and ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 High Tide

You're right - the driver is very nice and friendly, but he does drive too fast at the best of times. Saw him driving up the road this morning and was thankful I didnt have to get on the bus to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I'm just back from the gym and overheard somebody saying that on his way up there the shuttle bus went flying by him like a mad man!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

It is correct to say he doesn't hang about however I know he had a full bus this morning and some people had to be left behind. Perhaps he was rushing to get back and collect these passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

FirstIn wrote: »
    It is correct to say he doesn't hang about however I know he had a full bus this morning and some people had to be left behind. Perhaps he was rushing to get back and collect these passengers.
    There is no excuse for excessive speed in these conditions. I doubt that those who were left behind were expecting him to risk life and limb so they could get to the station for darts that weren't running...

Last night he switched lanes very quickly and carved up a car on the approach to one of the roundabouts. He may well know what the road is like, but others don't and he may cause a driver to panic. Totally wreckless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

In these conditions better to be late then never arrive at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bloggj

Might be worthwhile saying something to your management company. They may be able to contact the company and give pass on the feedback. It will
    be too late after an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

All the comments here won't do the trick, say it to the driver. SIMPLE

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Last Out

There is no excuse for excessive speed in these conditions. I doubt that those who were left behind were expecting him to risk life and limb so they could get to the station for darts that weren't running...

Last night he switched lanes very quickly and carved up a car on the approach to one of the roundabouts. He may well know what the road is like, but others don't and he may cause a driver to panic. Totally wreckless.

Those who were left behind asked the driver to come back ;) We didn't expect him to risk our lifes, but we expected to get the express train which was running ;) So mikedragon, a little mistake in your message :P And thanks to the driver as we got the train on time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Last Out wrote: »
    Those who were left behind asked the driver to come back ;) We didn't expect him to risk our lifes, but we expected to get the express train which was running ;) So mikedragon, a little mistake in your message :P And thanks to the driver as we got the train on time!
    Where's the mistake? I mentioned darts, you mentioned the diesel. As mentioned elsewhere, there wasn't a dart until 9:30.

Still, while you made your way on the diesel, I was back in bed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

As you all seem to like him so much why don't you say it to him personally rather than have him get himself into trouble. Perhaps the "I overheard a few people saying you drive too fast" approach with a nod and a wink might do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Huntthe wrote: »
    As you all seem to like him so much why don't you say it to him personally rather than have him get himself into trouble. Perhaps the "I overheard a few people saying you drive too fast" approach with a nod and a wink might do it.

very well said.

Advertisement