Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets hear it for Livedrive on Dublin City FM

• 07-01-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

Can we express our gratitude to all at Dublin City FM's Live Drive programme particularly the afternoon show yesterday who broadcast an epic 4 hour long programme of up to the minute traffic reports on what must have been one of the most dismal days in the life of any Dublin Commuter.

I live in the outskirts and was not affected by the mayhem but the broadcast by John Neary with Paul Murnock was an epic and I sat in my car until the show went off the air at 8pm, a full hour after the scheduled programme end.

Well done all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Absolutely, the lads always do a fantastic job and while I was fortunate to be working from home yesterday I was flicking on and off to the station and believe they put an immense effort in last night.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I listened to them the whole way home, very very helpful at the best of times and vital for the drive home last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭StephenM_smc

trad wrote: »
    Can we express our gratitude to all at Dublin City FM's Live Drive programme particularly the afternoon show yesterday who broadcast an epic 4 hour long programme of up to the minute traffic reports on what must have been one of the most dismal days in the life of any Dublin Commuter.

I live in the outskirts and was not affected by the mayhem but the broadcast by John Neary with Paul Murnock was an epic and I sat in my car until the show went off the air at 8pm, a full hour after the scheduled programme end.

Well done all.

I was sure the show went to 9pm? But really good job for all involved. Decided to tune in for the entire lenght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

saw the upadte at 9pm on facebook,
    fantastic effort by the lads, wasnt out yesterday but im sure it was appreciated by everyone who was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Thanks to liev drive I made it home in an hour and 40 mintes last night in the snow when it took other 5.5 hours to get to the same destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Live Drive

Thanks guys, yeah we went on until 9 in the end. Things seem to be moving a bit better around the city tonight so hopefully we won't be getting the epic journey times we got last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I went playing a few tunes at 8 and thought the programme had ended then .An even bigger epic that I had first thought. Keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Thanks to LD, I left my car in town and got the Dart. I would probably still be in traffic now otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 damoofche

Absolutely - there is no better traffic update and top tunes as well! I laughed when listening the other morning; they were able to decipher that it was not snowing but hailing - you can't beat that level of info. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Would be lost without them, as ever. That show is such a great resource for the city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement