Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a phone to check email etc. On O2 billpay,due an upgrade,should I get iphone?

• 07-01-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I know there are lots of threads about iPhone coming with Vodafone, the possibility of the Google phone etc. I really need to start getting email on the go (don't really want a Blackberry, reckon I might aswell get a decent device like an iPhone if I'm doing it at all), at the moment I'm with O2 and due a gold upgrade. I could just get an 8gb iphone 3g, but have to sign-up for another 18 months. It seems all their data packages are just 1gb but it seems the Vodafone option will be 2gb for equivalent cost.

Any advice on whether I should hold out for Vodafone or whether I should just bite the bullet would be great!

Thanks a mill!
    Aoife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

There are loads of phones for getting email on the go and most packages are cheaper than an iphone.
    What else are you looking for in a phone?

There are nokia E-series and n97. Thers blackberry as you mentioned. Theres the new Omnia WM phone, android based galaxy

1 gb will be plenty. I have a 250mb package for work and push email and including surfing I never go over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭animha

I also want to be able to use the phone for Facebook, Twitter etc as I am involved with social media marketing...think the iPhone would be best for something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Galaxy is decent android as well. Go for the iphone if u want decent browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The E72, should be launching on o2 soon enough. Mid feb at a guesstimate

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

My wife has the HTC hero on meteor and she uses it just for that, facebook, twitter, and surfing is excellent
    Tariff with data package still €15 or so less per month than iphone.

I am an apple nut and would love an iphone if i didn't have work phone but the hero is very nice as well.

If you get an iphone get a 3Gs; faster and better processer for games and stuff, better camera, video etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement