Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Hara to Fulham???

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Apparently Fulham are interested. Should we let him go or keep him as a squad player?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Columbo wrote: »
    Apparently Fulham are interested. Should we let him go or keep him as a squad player?

I sincerely hope that there are better players than O'Hara to be added to our squad.
    Whilst I can acknowledge his work rate, battling spirit etc., I don't see how is significantly better/different to the likes of Micky Brown that we have already off-loaded as not being good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

BOLT wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that there are better players than O'Hara to be added to our squad.
    Whilst I can acknowledge his work rate, battling spirit etc., I don't see how is significantly better/different to the likes of Micky Brown that we have already off-loaded as not being good enough.

I have to disagree with comparing O'Hara to Brown. Both have good work rate but O'Hara has far better passing ability, assists and occasionally a goal or two in him.

Sure, I'd like to see better players than O'Hara being added to the squad but I can't really see that happening in this transfer window, so therefore I would keep him as a squad player, at least until the season end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think a loan move with the option to recall if needed is the best bet. He's a decent squad player and whenever we need some extra bite/fight he's a good option. We're light enough in the middle and if Willy or Thudd get injured, we might be a bit stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I'd like O'Hara to stay... I see him as our Darren Fletcher, always will be there when you need him and will always be up for big games. May even, after a few seasons, become a main-stay in the starting line-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have always rated him as a good player to have aroud. No harm keepig him for the second half of the season IMO and see how it looks in august.

He deserves a high five purely for pullig such a deadly bird :)

Actually, off topic has anyone else noticed how miss loyd likes spurs players? Maybe she sees champions league in us :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I like him. Works hard and is more than willing to do his bit for the cause. Prob wouldn't get much playing time if he comes back now, but would be very useful for next season if we also have a European campaign to manage aswell as domestic competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I have good time for 0'hara also,def think he is good enough to be a Spurs squad player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Bring him back - he's worth having in the squad - would fit in right across the midfield as back-up and do a good job for the team. No point in spending millions on a new midfielder unless they are drastically better than what we have i.e like a Gerrard or someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd take him back in a heartbeat... can't believe we let him out in the first place unless it was tied into the Crouch or Kranjcar deals. He would have been the ideal player to bring on LM in the Everton game when Coleman starting running riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

He cannot possibly go to Fulham as you can't play for 3 different clubs in the same season. Kevin Prince Boateng is in the same boat at Pompey as he played for us in August too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

golfball37 wrote: »
    He cannot possibly go to Fulham as you can't play for 3 different clubs in the same season. Kevin Prince Boateng is in the same boat at Pompey as he played for us in August too.

But KPB was transferred, OHara was only on loan, thats probably the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I agree. loan him out again and give him some more first team experience. Let's not sell him just yet. Plays with more heart than most other Spurs players.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I definitely agree that we shouldn't sell him. The lad is full of heart and is left-footed so that is an useful commodity. Even though he came from Ars*nal, I am fairly sure that he is a Spurs fan so should be willing to stay as a squad player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lads- As I said above you cannot play for 3 different clubs in the 1 season whether on loan or not. He cannot go to another club without a special dispensation from FIFA so he's either going back to Portsmouth or staying at WHL.

As an aside he said on Talksport last night he'll decide whether or not to declare for Ireland after the world cup, surely he doesn't think he has any chance of making Englands squad?

Advertisement