Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ Radio One no longer on Hotbird

• 07-01-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

RTÉ Radio One is no longer available on the Hotbird satellite.

Listeners in mainland europe will now have to use the internet or if they can manage it access the station on Eurobird or Astra 2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I never even knew they broadcasted on Hotbird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Up to 31 December 2009 it was available on the same transponder as WRN and RCI.

(12597 Trasnponder 94)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 declans

The feckers , I spent time and money last summer setting up and outdoor system at my brothers house near Murcia is Spain.
    RTE Radio 1 was a godsend as RTE Radio/TV via Astra at this location requires a 1.8 m dish ,
    Ah well I will bring my Al Jazeera Sports reciever next summer and use the dish for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

I just discovered rte radio 1 is not available on hotbird any more.
    Has anybody managed to find rte on eurobird?
    I came across a device called clipsat which allows current satellite dishes receiving hotbird to also receive eurobird.
    I'd like to know if this would pick up rte radio 1 before going to the bother of installing this device.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

No. That device is for sats at a seperation of 4 degrees, so Hotbird at 13E and Eurobird 9A at 9E. RTÉ Radio One is at 28E (regular RTE1 at 28.2E and RTE1 Extra at 28.5E if you want to be pedantic, but they're both essentially the same position for dishes smaller than about 1.5m) - it's the position where Freesat (and Sky) comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marketcross

I think i am getting the eurobird sat ok but i cannot find the correct transponder with my LIDL set top box. It was a stupid move by rte as many people depended on the hotbird link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Eurobird 1:
    Orbit 28.5 degrees East, 11.390 Mhz, Ver Pol Audio Symbol Rate 27.500 M/bit, FEC 2/3

Advertisement