Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken tonight.....need inspiration

Options
  • 07-01-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I have chicken fillets out for dinner tonight and I have no frigging idea what or how to cook them.

I am so bored of chicken. I usually fry it with mushroom,garlic and onion and added white sauce or Loyd grossman sauce??? or make a stirfry with it but I am sort of low on veggies.

I need inspiration. I have 250ml of coconut milk in the fridge which I would like to use. ..........maybe I could make a curry?

Help or we will starve tonight????????????lol :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Lots you can do!

Soy sauce, honey and 5 spice powder - marinate for an hour, then sear, then bake! yummy with mashed potatoes.

Paprkia chicken - lemon juice, paprika spice, olive oil and small bit of garlic - just fry in a pan with some low fat cooking spray. Have with baby potatoes.

Chicken frittata - cook the chicken and then use in a massive egg frittata (eggs, bacon, chicken, cheese, new potatoes) and this would last until tomorrow for lunch too.

Soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, ground cumin, and some of the coconut milk would make a lovely marinade too.

Not sure about the coconut milk but I would imagine you could make a lovely curry with it - i'm just not huge into curries so can't help you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cut a pocket into the fillets and fill them with stuff you like.

Chopped onion, tomato, peppers, garlic, cheese, herbs, etc etc.

Wrap in a rasher if you have it, don't worry if you don't. If you don't then rub with some olive oil.

Cover in tinfoil, whack in the oven for about 45mins, or until cooked.

The tinfoil should help to keep it moist.

Serve with mash and some other veg.

Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Des wrote: »
    Cut a pocket into the fillets and fill them with stuff you like.

Chopped onion, tomato, peppers, garlic, cheese, herbs, etc etc.

Wrap in a rasher if you have it, don't worry if you don't. If you don't then rub with some olive oil.

Cover in tinfoil, whack in the oven for about 45mins, or until cooked.

The tinfoil should help to keep it moist.

Serve with mash and some other veg.

Delicious.

defo trying this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

Kimia wrote: »
    Lots you can do!

Soy sauce, honey and 5 spice powder - marinate for an hour, then sear, then bake! yummy with mashed potatoes.

Paprkia chicken - lemon juice, paprika spice, olive oil and small bit of garlic - just fry in a pan with some low fat cooking spray. Have with baby potatoes.

Chicken frittata - cook the chicken and then use in a massive egg frittata (eggs, bacon, chicken, cheese, new potatoes) and this would last until tomorrow for lunch too.

Soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, ground cumin, and some of the coconut milk would make a lovely marinade too.

Not sure about the coconut milk but I would imagine you could make a lovely curry with it - i'm just not huge into curries so can't help you there.

Oh you have given me lots of ideas, Now i am inspired, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It's more a case of what can't you do with chicken fillets. Holy crap, but they're one of the most versatile jumping-off points out there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

One thing I just remembered I used to love is chicken breasts fried on a pan in a little oil, then pesto + light philidelphia is added to make a creamy pesto sauce. Cherry tomatoes on the vine can be cooked in the sauce until sauce, it's really flavoursome, and fairly low fat if you use low fat philedelphia (though the olive oil in the pesto will add to the fat). Youy can pretty much add any vegetable to it as the sauce will make it taste nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Honey-ec wrote: »
    It's more a case of what can't you do with chicken fillets. Holy crap, but they're one of the most versatile jumping-off points out there...

I must say that boneless, skinless chicken breasts wouldn't inspire me to cross the road.
    I'd sooner cook tofu (and often do!)

Advertisement