If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40-42 inch full HD tv

Options
  • 07-01-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just wondering if you could send on a few prices for any deals you have on 40-42 inch full hd tv's.

With regards price I'd be more on the budget/cheap side of things. For example,there was a 42in full hd Hitachi in Argos for £400.

Thanks,

Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 paulof1985

Hi Gary,

that hitachi sounds like a great deal. was it 400 euro or pounds??? as i may just get me one of those babies for gaming. i recently bought a 26" HD ready finlux just for the bedroom for €200 in harvey normans, a bit small but ok for late night tv. friends of mine bought 32" Beko HD Ready tvs in Power City for €300 before Christmas so you might get them cheaper now if thats big enough for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Gary.

Unfortunately we wouldn't have anything that would be as cheap as that. We did at one stage keep a 42" full HD Hitachi (L42VP01), and while it did have impressive specs, the specs weren't really transferred to the screen in terms of picture quality but a good TV for that sort of price.

One of the best deals that we have on a 42" LCD is the LG 42 LH3000 which is a full 1080p screen, 50:000, 5ms response time and for less than £500, it's a bargain.

Full specs are here :
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42lh3000/lg-42lh30starstar

This LG is also MPEG 4 for Irish freeview.

I hope this helps.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Hi Gary.

Unfortunately we wouldn't have anything that would be as cheap as that. We did at one stage keep a 42" full HD Hitachi (L42VP01), and while it did have impressive specs, the specs weren't really transferred to the screen in terms of picture quality but a good TV for that sort of price.

One of the best deals that we have on a 42" LCD is the LG 42 LH3000 which is a full 1080p screen, 50:000, 5ms response time and for less than £500, it's a bargain.

Full specs are here :
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42lh3000/lg-42lh30starstar

This LG is also MPEG 4 for Irish freeview.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Many thanks for the info Dave. May be calling in to the shop sometime in the next few days. Would be interested in the LG alright, have a 32 inch one already and I think it's a super tv.

Cheers,
    stooge

Paulof1985
    - the Hitachi was £400 in Argos but has just went up to £450, obviously people realised it was a decent deal. Googled the model number and realised that it was £350 in Homebase before xmas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.