Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonslayers Ranking Battle 3.4 - 12/01/10 Tekken tournament

Options
  • 07-01-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

tekken6-1.png

Date:
    • 12/01/10 - Tekken 6 (PS3)

Location: <QUB Students Union, The Space, 1st Floor> <-- Click for directions

QUBSU.jpg

Time:
    • T6 - casuals from 1800, tournament at 1830.

Entry Fee:
    • £1, all proceedings will be donated to Child's Play at the end of the year.

Tournament Format: Group qualifiers into an 8 man double elimination best of 3.

- Button binding is acceptable.
    - Participants are advised to bring a controller of choice.

Please see the 'slayers Ranking Battle homepage for any further details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Aww, only Tekken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Aww, only Tekken :(

Aye. Only T6 this month so that both games will have had 3 ranking battles each. 3.1 was only SFIV. Feb, Mar and Apr will see normal service resume. There will be at least one more 24 hour event and a stand alone in there somewhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's a bit too much of a trip for a game I don't play, I am afraid!

It's a bit too much of a trip for a game I don't play, I am afraid!

Yeah no worries chap. Some Northern competition will hopefully help coax some of the ROI Tekken heads up sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Yeah no worries chap. Some Northern competition will hopefully help coax some of the ROI Tekken heads up sometime.

They barely turn up for their own comps here, can't see them venturing to Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

mr_kyle wrote: »

Might be worth mentioning Tekken in the title to grab their attention! Or is it too late to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks for the link!

News post up.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Just threw this poster together quickly:

43834858.jpg

@Sabre: Simon Lau is now known as "The Truth", in case you've forgotten.

Yreval wrote: »
    Just threw this poster together quickly:

43834858.jpg

@Sabre: Simon Lau is now known as "The Truth", in case you've forgotten.

Ah yes, yes...He decided on that after the SF4 event (had the Tekken 6 results up when I was typing that). Cheers!

Nice poster

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

If only this was street fighter!

booooooooooooo

• Advertisement

chunkis wrote: »
    If only this was street fighter!

booooooooooooo

They do Street Fighter too. I went up last time and a good day was had by all. Their set up is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Yeah, they should do both games on the same day, when you do that the community grows and you get people crossing over to different games, for example, i don`t play tekken but if i was there and tekken was on i would play it, probably the same for a few others.

And yeah i went to belfast before christmas and met up with a few of the players there, cool guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, they should do both games on the same day, when you do that the community grows and you get people crossing over to different games, for example, i don`t play tekken but if i was there and tekken was on i would play it, probably the same for a few others.

And yeah i went to belfast before christmas and met up with a few of the players there, cool guys.

they have done this before/usually do this afaik

Thats what they usually do.

Mike et al usually come down for the inferno ranbats in Dublin too. Prob my favourite fight I've ever gotten recorded was against him.

Yeah, they should do both games on the same day,

The players up here voted against two tournaments in one evening session chap. Thats how I used to do things. One game per evening session is enough tbh. Besides, now that the double elim bracket is best of three matches it is unfeasible to fit two tournaments of this sort into the time space.

Not too pleased with my performance tonight (7th). Time to go back to the Super Extra Dry Sahara Tactic that brought me relative success in 3.3, I reckon? :pac:

A big fat No-Prize to whoever guesses who won. Quote Of The Ranbat: Pretty much anything Roogle said, he was in rare form tonight when it came to hype.

Is there a full breakdown of results by any chance?

🤪

I can't find one anywhere, and I can't even remember who The Truth beat in the final, although I think it was Vyze.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Yreval wrote: »
    I can't find one anywhere, and I can't even remember who The Truth beat in the final, although I think it was Vyze.
    Yeah, I just couldn't handle The Truth in the finals. Though in Tekken I go by ????? Mound rather than Vyze! :P

Tekken 6 - 3.4 - 12/01/10

Top VIII

I. The Truth (Kaz)
    II. ????? Mound (Lil)
    III. inferis (Ali)
    IV. mr_kyle (Bry)
    V. Tsukiko (Xio)
    VI. V-DecK (Bob)
    VII. Yreval (Ali)
    VIII. Sean Gallagher (Fen)

Season so far...