Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

• 07-01-2010 1:19pm

Just got an xbox recently and picked this up. Haven't started playing it yet but have read about problems about levelling up. Anyone got any tips on what it is the best way to go about playing this - i.e. level up and reduce the difficultly or don't level up?

also, do you need to close the gates to finish the main story?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Keep the difficulty slider in the middle and see how you get on.

Also read this on the best way to level:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Efficient_Leveling

on the gates:
    no you don't need to close all the gates to complete the main quest but completing the main quest closes them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Even if you intentionally made a terrible character, reducing the difficulty slider can make it simple. Don't worry about it too much. In terms of advice I'd give, try and stick to only one weapon. As you raise skill in it you gain perks. No point in focusing on two weapon skills. Or armour skills.

Edit: My take on it is don't try making a jack of all trades character. I find it better to make a focused stealth character, mage and warrior. But thats how I prefer it, not necessarily how you would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Be prepared to lose 100 hours of your life to it :D

Bear in mind too, that as you level so do the monsters. Well in theory anyway from what I remember in the last 1/4 of the game I was canning them.

calex71 wrote: »
    Be prepared to lose 100 hours of your life to it :D

Bear in mind too, that as you level so do the monsters. Well in theory anyway from what I remember in the last 1/4 of the game I was canning them.

that's the problem with the levelling that I read about - that the monsters can get too hard as you level....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Great game. Pretty easy with the difficulty slider about half ways so i wouldn't worry too much about leveling or not. You don't need to close all the gates to finish it either.

Played over 100 hours and still don't have everything done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davearthurs

I completed it but I found the autoleveling really annoying and kinda ruined the game for me having played Morrowind to death which was much better IMO.

Fallout 3 is great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I completed it but I found the autoleveling really annoying and kinda ruined the game for me having played Morrowind to death which was much better IMO.
    Morrowind for its time was far, far (I could say far quite a few more times) better than Oblivion was for its time. I keep meaning to look up graphical improvements for Morrowind in the form of mods to play again, but I know how much time I'll devote to it again would be mental. Maybe next week, then.

Advertisement