Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence Questions and Cert Cancellation

Options
  • 07-01-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi

I bought a firearm from private source and put in an FCA1.
    The previous owners cert is still active and the Guards have now asked for an FCA2 cancellation of previous cert. Does the previous owner need to take the filled in FCA2 to his local station or do I hand it in filled out at my local station with my FCA1? (We are in differnt areas)

Also, just curious, is the 3 month wait limit from FCA1 submission date or from the last date Guards request/recieve all required information relation to you application?

Apologies for all the questions, figured it get em all out of the way together!!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If the previous owner is transferring his license to another firearm then he needs to fill in an FCA1 and transfer it. If he does not intend to renew/reapply for his license on another firearm then it is his responsibility to complete an FCA2 and cancel his license. If you still are wary get a photocopy of this FCA1/FCA2 and supply it with your FCA1 as proof of the other license being transferred or cancelled. Don't forget his transfer/cancelation will happen within 2 weeks, far quicker than your application so it will be up on pulse by the time your FCA1 is being processed.

When you submit your FCA1 ask for a receipt to acknowledge it was submitted and i would take it as begining the 3 month waiting period from that point. Key is, to submit all appropriate and necessary documents with your application so as to not have them constantly calling you back for more info.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nip102

Thanks

No the previous owner is not transfering to a new firearm, just offloading a gun not needed anymore.

I must now let him know that a cancellation of his current cert is required before I can progress my FCA1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

nip102 wrote: »
    Thanks

No the previous owner is not transfering to a new firearm, just offloading a gun not needed anymore.

I must now let him know that a cancellation of his current cert is required before I can progress my FCA1.

So what does previous owner do with firearm while he waits for your cert to be issued. Surely he can keep his cert until yours is issued ?

Otherwise firearm will have to be stored with a dealer and some of them are now charging for storage :eek: €12 per week I was told a local dealer is charging

So 12 weeks, as a rough quide, is €144 for storage on top of licence charge at €80 and cost of firearm :(

Advertisement