Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

godaddy HELP!!!

Options
  • 07-01-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a domain in Feb last year from GoDaddy.com. A friend of mine set up the Linux hosting of this for me as I needed to use Wordpress. Everything is working fine now.

Recently I purchased another domain name from GoDaddy. Yesterday I purchased 2 years Linux hosting as I also want to use Wordpress/PHP for this site. When I go to add the domain to the hosting I bought it tells me that the domain is already in use. I emailed GoDaddy about this and they tell me that they've unlocked the site (whatever that means). I tried it again and had no luck!

I also noticed as I was applying the hosting that I have 4 credits in my account. Could I have used these credits for my Linux hosting? If so, then I just wasted €90! :mad:

I can't dial international numbers on the phone I'm using at the moment (so can't call GoDaddy's helpline) and need to get this site up and running ASAP.

Anyone got any tips or advice on what I should do here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

(a) That's not a development question, it's a tech support question for GoDaddy.com
    (b) The only forums on boards that ever handled stuff like this were Design (which no longer allows discussion of specific ISPs) and Web Hosting (which is now closed, for the same reason that Design doesn't do per-ISP discussions, namely that it always went to heck in a handbasket inside of five posts).

Sorry, but we can't help. I'd recommend either (a) emailing GoDaddy.com, or (b) walking to the nearest payphone and calling GoDaddy's tech support line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement