Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

• 07-01-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Has anyone any predictions, random guesses or anything helpful as to what might come up on the leaving cert this year? And for all the people who have completed their leaving cert is the mock paper harder than the real thing? And how close in topics is it to the real thing?

I'm looking for predictions in:
    English (H)
    Irish (O)
    Maths(O)
    French (O)
    Biology (H)
    Geography (H)
    Business (H)

:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

English (H)
    Irish (O)
    Maths(O)
    French (O)
    Biology (H)
    Geography (H)
    Business (H)

Well english predictions are somewhere back in another thread but I'd hoping for Boland and Longley, Irish I'm not too sure actually. I know for the higher level I'm praying for An Chead Drama but for pass i'm not too sure.
    Math's never changes so you can't really predict it, french pass is Simples! Just some easy letter!
    Bio - unpredictable, noway of telling what'll come up. as for the other two I don't do myself so couldn't tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 misskerrie09

Thanks, yeah i have a feeling a female poet is gonna come so thats not too bad, the worst thing in the world would be Keats! Nightmare!

I love keats!:pac: He's easy. And a female poet comes up every year but I'm predicting it'll be Boland. I could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

Praying for Longley and literacy genre!
    Our Bio teacher is really highly connected with bio leaving cert commitee or something, calls the chief superindent reguarly, anyway she predicts a definte gentics question, one on either plant or human reproduction, one on respiration or photo synthesis, something on viruses (swine flu), and the rest is chance!
    Business, you don't need predications you just need some common sense and your guaranteed a good mark!
    Thats all I do of your list, :D

Are you serious about the Bio?! :o!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

If your serious about the Biology then dacent. Hate respiration and photosynthesis though but sure.

Economics for anyone wondering is always pretty much the same.
    A elasticity Q. The market Q. probably will be Oligopoly. Would love a Economic Development Q as well.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

course i'm serious, why would you bother make this stuff up? :) but like i say, its only her prediction..

Had a look at the english leaving cert papers last night and Boland has come up a couple of years but rich has never ever ever come up! :D
    hint hint!

Really? I thought she came up recently. Well we won't know until June 9th!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Rich came up in 2008.

I'm PRAYING for Kavanagh!

• Advertisement

I Knew she did! I'm certain Boland is way more likely. 2008 is pretty recent =/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I need Boland to come up, wouldn't mind if Kavanagh was there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Rich came up in 2008.

Hmm, even my english teacher isnt sure about Rich, she was on the course for 2008, 2009 and now 2010. She came up in 08 but not in 09? So hes not sure, but al the predictions he made last year were perfect.

Rich came up in 2008

Oh your right guess I missed that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 trishwithafada

Boland, An Chead Drama!!
    Any tips on Music? French? Ag??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tinytot91

Went to a revision course in leeson street during xmas and out of all the 8 poets he only went through Boland,Kavanagh and longley!

Tinytot91 wrote: »
    Went to a revision course in leeson street during xmas and out of all the 8 poets he only went through Boland,Kavanagh and longley!

I'm only gonna learn Boland and Yeats, and maybe Kavanagh. Boland will defo be on the paper this year. Which is sweet cause shes nice and easy.

I swear to god, vision and viewpoint better come up, or else I'm gonna be very, very, very screwed.

Ha im in the same boat..Screwed if literary genre doesnt come up:eek: Yeah Boland is Luvly to learn,shes the only poet im learning for the mocks:p Buut I have a friend who actually goes to leeson street and she said her poetry teacher is predicting Rich and Eliot!:rolleyes:

Ha im in the same boat..Screwed if literary genre doesnt come up:eek: Yeah Boland is Luvly to learn,shes the only poet im learning for the mocks:p Buut I have a friend who actually goes to leeson street and she said her poetry teacher is predicting Rich and Eliot!:rolleyes:

I doubt Rich would come up, even though its very possible. I mean she was on, was it 06 or 07? I'm not sure, but very recently. I'd say Boland, just for measure, i'll learn the other two as well. I hate Elliot with a passion. God his poetry made me hate poetry for a while last year.
    I don't really mind if LG comes up, we did a essay on it. I lost it, from last year, did VV this year, so hopefully that'll come up, I rather like it TBH.
    I hate the English course. I can see myself walking out that thursday after paper 2 with my arm killin' me, probably thinkin I did really well then get something like a C, always happens:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've only covered Boland, Kavanagh and Eliot and then did three poems on Yeats but wouldn't be able to write about him so really hoping either Boland or Kavanagh comes up. I've done the three comparision headings but didn't do any essays so not really sure how to answer any of them!

• Advertisement

Feckn same..happened to me in the JC.."Best paper iv ever written.blah blah blah!" Got a C!:p Haha..Yeah I hate English so much I just cant deal with it!I kinda like Eliot,hes an absolute madman:P Wudnt fancy writing an essay on him tho :rolleyes: Ah im sure ul be fine for Vv, everyone thinks its coming up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Boland would be sweeet! Love her.. Yeats is a possiblity I think aswell! Dont mind either General Vision and Viewpoint would suit me grand for the comparitive. We have only done "changes in Lear" for King Lear so I guess I hope that will come up.. hopefully we will cover some more King Lear before the pre's.

Music - Its pretty clear that Seachanges is due to come up as the long question!! Tis grand to answer questions on.. not to listen to though!!

Geography - meh, the paper doesnt really seem to change? same kind of questions all the time.

cork*girl wrote: »
    Boland would be sweeet! Love her.. Yeats is a possiblity I think aswell! Dont mind either General Vision and Viewpoint would suit me grand for the comparitive. We have only done "changes in Lear" for King Lear so I guess I hope that will come up.. hopefully we will cover some more King Lear before the pre's.

Music - Its pretty clear that Seachanges is due to come up as the long question!! Tis grand to answer questions on.. not to listen to though!!

Geography - meh, the paper doesnt really seem to change? same kind of questions all the time.

Im pretty much the same as far as lear goes..Teachers in my school are stressing Evil or pessimisim for a Q in our mock paper! Myt be worth a look if the chances are we get the same one!

Home ec - Iron!Iron!Iron!

Im pretty much the same as far as lear goes..Teachers in my school are stressing Evil or pessimisim for a Q in our mock paper! Myt be worth a look if the chances are we get the same one!

Home ec - Iron!Iron!Iron!

Oh god. I've bascially completely forget I have to study for Home Ec. That won't be hard considering all we've done this year is Family, Vits, Proteins, Carbohydrates, Lipids, that kinda stuff, and some general stuff on things like CHD and Bord Bia and stuff. Not alot. We spent way too much time on the Journals and move so slowly. Why can't my class behave?!:(
    Only just started something and resource management.

I would be very suprised if Patrick Kavanagh didn't appear.

I love the man, and love writing about him so I'd also be heartbroken if he didn't!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

When are the papers written? Around November/December? I'd be surprised if the H.L. Irish didn't contain something to do with flooding!

I assume it's too late for the Haiti Earthquake to feature on any papers?? Although I would know the vocab, just in case it's asked in one of the orals (it was asked in my Irish mock oral, and I kept saying the disaster in Haiti as I didn't know the word for earthquake!) I think les tremblements is earthquakes in French (open to correction!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I expect Yeats and Longley to come up. Longley was on the cancelled paper and was not on the real paper last year. There is some anniversary for Yeats in 2009 but he wasn't on last years course, so they couldn't put him on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Has anyone any predictions, random guesses or anything helpful as to what might come up on the leaving cert this year? And for all the people who have completed their leaving cert is the mock paper harder than the real thing? And how close in topics is it to the real thing?

English (H)
    Irish (O)
    Maths(O)
    French (O)
    Biology (H)
    Geography (H)
    Business (H)

For Biology, there's nearly always a question on genetics and on reproduction, but the short questions are completely random really. Oh and there's always something on the whole ecology section too
    can'thelp with much else I'm afraid, no idea about English, and do honours for the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lcstudent

Ive been using mocks.ie 2 help me practice for my mocks :eek: its good cus u can see what areas u need to work on what your actually doing good in. I even praticed for my orals on it!

• Advertisement

Oh god. I've bascially completely forget I have to study for Home Ec. That won't be hard considering all we've done this year is Family, Vits, Proteins, Carbohydrates, Lipids, that kinda stuff, and some general stuff on things like CHD and Bord Bia and stuff. Not alot. We spent way too much time on the Journals and move so slowly. Why can't my class behave?!:(
    Only just started something and resource management.

Ah that seems like a good bit covered..All the improtant bits anyways!:pYeah my class is full of dopes too :mad: I think they think home ec is easy like for JC..What are ye doing for your elective?

Advertisement