Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

1 female poet has come up every single year, and there's only 2 female poets on our course this year. So Boland or Rich :]

Niall09 wrote: »
    1 female poet has come up every single year, and there's only 2 female poets on our course this year. So Boland or Rich :]
    And probably Boland, Rich was on 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Tinytot91 wrote: »
    Ah that seems like a good bit covered..All the improtant bits anyways!:pYeah my class is full of dopes too :mad: I think they think home ec is easy like for JC..What are ye doing for your elective?

Theres yet another thing. I don't have a clue. Our teacher hasn't mentioned anything. The only ones in our class who know whats on the papers are repeat students. Our class is a joke. All that messing should be left back @ the JC days. LC is important for loads of us, then theres like 4/5 people in our class who know themselves that they're gonna do rubbish so might as well have a laugh while they get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

Tinytot91 wrote: »
    Went to a revision course in leeson street during xmas and out of all the 8 poets he only went through Boland,Kavanagh and longley!

These are the 3 I think will come up!

I was pretty confident about Boland but you never know...they may stick Rich on. I have a feeling about Kavanagh, I really think he'll come up and I hope he does. Anyway, students concentrate too much on the poetry when they should be looking at the other areas...it is only worth like, 10 % after all...I think.

Vision and Viewpoint is a cert, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 acer_2010

What is the possibility of Rich coming up against Boland?
    Can the two come up?

Basically, i'm screwed for my mocks! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tinytot91

acer_2010 wrote: »
    What is the possibility of Rich coming up against Boland?
    Can the two come up?

Basically, i'm screwed for my mocks! :confused:

Two women have come up before, But its very unlikely it will happen again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

ahh its been said that this year may be the year of the males when it comes to ENglish poetry! My dad reckons they wont put a female poet on the paper this year, because people generally learn the female poet really well, and use it as either a back up if they get a nasty question on their first choice of poet or if there first choice doesnt come up! Or else they use the female as their first choice. if that makes anysense! Anyways, he keeps telling me it'll be the year of the males lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

Lcstudent wrote: »
    Ive been using mocks.ie 2 help me practice for my mocks :eek: its good cus u can see what areas u need to work on what your actually doing good in. I even praticed for my orals on it!

I've never posted on this before but I've read it a lot. I decided to set up an account just to point out that it is incredibly obvious that you either own Mocks.ie or work for mocks.ie

You've had 2 posts both singing the praises of mocks.ie. You have some connection to it I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

Messi 10 wrote: »
    I've never posted on this before but I've read it a lot. I decided to set up an account just to point out that it is incredibly obvious that you either own Mocks.ie or work for mocks.ie

You've had 2 posts both singing the praises of mocks.ie. You have some connection to it I reckon

I'd just like to say I'm in complete agreement with you! And, I had looked at mocks.ie and thought it was an alright idea. Having seen all the posts by this person I would never order off them! How sly.

What are the chances of Cultural Context coming up this year? I know it was on last year, and it has come up a lot in the past, but they do often appear twice in a row. I'm clinging to some sort of hope that we'll get Literary Genre and Cultural Context, because I really hate General Vision and Viewpoint, even though it's most likely to appear :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭justaday

economics-deflation or a question on nama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Messi 10 wrote: »

yourmother wrote: »
    I'd just like to say I'm in complete agreement with you! And, I had looked at mocks.ie and thought it was an alright idea. Having seen all the posts by this person I would never order off them! How sly.
    Messi, yourmother, if you have a problem with a post report it, don't engage directly with the poster.

LCstudent, we get that you like mocks.ie

Given that that is all you have talked about in your 2 posts, I'm sure you can see why people are raising their eyebrows. I have no doubt that the next posts I see from you will be on very varied topics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

How do you report it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

click on this sympol report_5.gif on the left bottom of the post you want to report.

(Please note that LCstudent's posts have already been reviewed)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

For english i'd say the comparative will be LG and Vision and Viewpoint. I'd be very surprised if Cultural Context comes up. As for poets, i'm hoping beyond hope for Longley or Boland, i dont really like any of the others.

Irish, i dont like it so i dont really care

Maths, i'm doing higher so can't help.

Biology, my teacher keeps goin over genetic engineering and (as)sexual reproduction in plants, so i'm hoping she knows something i dont

Business, i would say if you learn units 2 3 and 4 (ABQ units) and international trade you are pretty much sure to have 4 long q's covered, ur ABQ and half of the shorts. I'm sure you could blag through the rest ha.

I dont do geog so cant help.

--EDIT--
    Forgot french, i'd say the essay topics will prob be something to do with unemployment or economic downturn, cant predict the comprehensions, other than one will prob be an article, other extract from a book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yesplease!

The maths and english mock papers are way harder than the real thing, had maths and english today and yesterday and they were nothing as easy as the real thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevez

definte gentics question, one on either plant or human reproduction, one on respiration or photo synthesis, something on viruses (swine flu), and the rest is chance!

..There is no Plant or Human Reprodution...Respiration or photosynthesis...There ALL certain to come up..! they come up every year,do you not check past exam Q's???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Anyone want to share their Physics HL predictions?
    Or Chemistry HL?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevez

Had a look at the english leaving cert papers last night and Boland has come up a couple of years but rich has never ever ever come up! :D
    hint hint!
    Rich came up in 2008/07...? She Definetly has come up before dude

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Stevez wrote: »
    Rich came up in 2008/07...? She Definetly has come up before dude
    2007 I believe. I think I'm only gonna learn Boland + Kavanagh and Vision and Viewpoint. I'll either be supersickened or delighted. More than likely the latter.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭furbey

Anyone want to share their Physics HL predictions?
    Or Chemistry HL?

Yes. Did both them last year (HL). For chem the pre paper was fairly close to the real thing especially the experiment questions. Fully expecting a full question on acids/bases, pH and indicators(as in know the graphs for indicators). That is all the one question by the way. And know the Kb thing as well never been asked(Ka is all that was asked) but they're v. similar. Fuel question (hydrocarbons) and one or 2 on organic cause ppl still aren't doing them. Heat of combustion calculation is fairly guarianteed. That's all I know for now gimme a few weeks and shud no more.

As for Physics the option-applied electricity/particle physics-is an option which most ppl do but it doesn't HAVE to come up it is NEVER a guarantee so be careful don't go in expecting it to be one of your 8 questions because a few people are expecting it not to come up this year. Induction was tipped last year and didn't show up so fairly sure it will be there. Mechanics has been slack the last few years overall ~(centripetal acc, moments, momentum etc) don't know bout the experiments the F=ma one would be a good bet. Know how to do vectors!!! They WILL be there e.g. 7cos(teta) for the horizontal distance. Unno the splitting up of a vector into its i and j components.
    Again that's all i got for now but i'll be going over the exam papers in a few weeks. I'll pm u. Any other subjects u want a few tips for? can only help with maths type ones. sh** at all the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

2007 I believe. I think I'm only gonna learn Boland + Kavanagh and Vision and Viewpoint. I'll either be supersickened or delighted. More than likely the latter.:rolleyes:

Taking a fair amount of risks there!! I'm going to do Boland, Rich, Kavanagh and Longley. I agree you will be alright but i'm just insuring myself against bad questions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirlx

If only we could read the departments mind.
    :|

uh poop.
    i hate leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

Bio(H) - I reckon it'll be viruses and genetics
    Chem(H) - I've heard a few people predicting water
    English(H)- Probs VV and LG. Boland, Yeats, Elliot & Longly are my bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tkeane

As Keats and Walcott came up last year, I doubt we will see any of them.

Yeats, Rich, Boland and Kavanagh appear on the 2011 course which means that a maximum of 2 of these can appear on the 2010 one.

That leaves Longley and Eliot

However, my 4 predicitions are:

• Longley- Northern Irish
    • Eliot- American
    • Yeats- Irish
    • Rich- American
    Boland could also come up but I'd say they will keep her for next year!!
    Good Luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

And probably Boland, Rich was on 2007.

Ther was a year where a female poet dud not come up. Be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

(HL)

irish- an chead drama / an t-oilean.
    clare sa speir seems to come up every second year.
    lig sinn i gcathu is due up.
    the whole cathal o searcaigh thing has kind of blown over so don't count him out, maigdileana or nil aon ni could appear again.

french- something on poverty, not directly recession.
    our teacher thinks something on reading could come up because it came up on both mock papers she used. just because it came up in the mocks doesn't mean it would come up in the real thing though. she was just saying it's a possibility and something that she hasn't seen before.

home ec- how can you narrow that down? you have to know EVERYTHING. anything can come up, and Q1 is compulsory, so if you get a 25marker on something you don't know, screwed. poverty, unemployment (obvious recession-related topics) for sociology elective though.

english- EVERYONE is saying boland. i'm learning kavanagh, boland, longley anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

fufureida wrote: »
    Ther was a year where a female poet dud not come up. Be warned.

what year?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

I'd at least learn both female poets, as one of them is guaranteed to come up, isn't it a sexist issue that they have to put at least one female on?

• Advertisement

tkeane wrote: »
    As Keats and Walcott came up last year, I doubt we will see any of them.

Yeats, Rich, Boland and Kavanagh appear on the 2011 course which means that a maximum of 2 of these can appear on the 2010 one.

That leaves Longley and Eliot

However, my 4 predicitions are:

• Longley- Northern Irish
    • Eliot- American
    • Yeats- Irish
    • Rich- American
    Boland could also come up but I'd say they will keep her for next year!!
    Good Luck everyone!
    Nooo! haha I'm furiously denying any possibility of Kavanagh not being on...I love the man too much!

Advertisement