Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bradence93!

higher biology: my teacher say's breathing, human reproduction and the ear are nearly definately going to be up!!! aswel as something in relation to genetics food and ecology(like every year)
    really hope kavnagh comes up!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mrs Brightside

Cum onnn YEATS!!:cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

Has anyone any tips for the essay in Irish Paper 1??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

Ah...predictions!:rolleyes:
    Dangerous game!!
    U cant predict!.....
    they cud throw anything up on da exam.
    They've done it with honours irish for a few years, e.g. stair na gaeilge exact same in 2008 and 2009.
    Q.E.D.

Just learn everything
    This is the leaving cert.....dont take gambles!:)

Yeah!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mundykk

If your serious about the Biology then dacent. Hate respiration and photosynthesis though but sure.

Economics for anyone wondering is always pretty much the same.
    A elasticity Q. The market Q. probably will be Oligopoly. Would love a Economic Development Q as well.:D

why do you reckon oligopoly will come up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

check recent papers,it has not come up in ages.
    its the only thing in the lc that im guarrenteed will come up.
    study it,trust me:D,,

anyone have any predictions for bus,acc,ag science and economics.
    thanks in advance;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

mundykk wrote: »
    why do you reckon oligopoly will come up?

oligopoly is a funny word!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

zam wrote: »
    oligopoly is a funny word!

So is carbuncle..lol. Come on guys, say it with me. Car-bun-cle...it is a skin infection though, not very funny to have I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amd92

Stevez wrote: »
    Rich came up in 2008/07...? She Definetly has come up before dude
    Boland was 05 i think and rich 07 but if boland is up next year im not too sure! Yeats more than Kavanagh because Yeats woon the nobel prize and they love him for that!

ive just been looking at the 2011 english course and yeats and kavanagh are both on it and no longley but i'm thinken theyll put too irish poets on the paper- yeats or kavanagh and longley but you cant forget that boland is irish too so that'd be three irish poets out of six. Thats alot?em literary genre and general vision and viewpoint even though i do general vision and cultural. I don't do lear as my main text but for anyone with wuthering heights love or catherine(as in the old one)hope that helps. Anyone go anything on accounting espically suspense and ration and as what marks there cumin up as it'd be a help!thanks. got any more questions just ask!

• Advertisement

as regards to the poets the general rule is and i stress general rule is that theres a female, an irish poet, an old poet(i.eelliot) and then the forth poet is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

coughlan08 wrote: »
    check recent papers,it has not come up in ages.
    its the only thing in the lc that im guarrenteed will come up.
    study it,trust me

I agree oligopoly is a cert!
    I would also expect a banking q (liquidity vs. Profitability etc. maybe)
    I could also see something on the effect of the global recession on Ireland due to our S.O.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Biology - Food, Ecology, one of the enzyme experiments, dna experiment, leaf yeast exoeriment, human reproduction, plant reproduction, genetics, photosynthesis, respiration, excretion, ear according to my teacher.

Physics - Experiments: Boyle's Law or Consevervation of Momentum, Snell's Law, Latent Heat of Vapourisation, Semiconductor

Applied Maths - Q4 Wedge, Q9 Mixtures and Alloys, Q6 Circular Motion definitely. Q8 Disc Proof or Annulus.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

tkeane wrote: »
    As Keats and Walcott came up last year, I doubt we will see any of them.

Yeats, Rich, Boland and Kavanagh appear on the 2011 course which means that a maximum of 2 of these can appear on the 2010 one.

That leaves Longley and Eliot

However, my 4 predicitions are:

• Longley- Northern Irish
    • Eliot- American
    • Yeats- Irish
    • Rich- American
    Boland could also come up but I'd say they will keep her for next year!!
    Good Luck everyone!

Same predicitons as me! I personally would love to open my Paper and see Yeats!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Cum onnn YEATS!!:cool::)

I like your style! Yeats ftw! He's the only good poet on the course and theres more to write than the rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

i got told yeats was likely for this year in english!
    to anyone doing HL maths i got told Ratio test is very likely aswell for this year! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Reckle wrote: »
    i got told yeats was likely for this year in english!
    to anyone doing HL maths i got told Ratio test is very likely aswell for this year! :):D

We'll definitely get the Ratio Test this year. It didn't come up last year and theres only 4 types of questions from Further Calculus they can ask.

Apparently the factor theorem is likely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ShannonIE2010

Any body heard of anything that is likely to come in the Art History exam this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

my teacher said Raphael is a likely candidate for the Euro section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cickimc

What are you guys thinking for higher level Accounting? espicially in the 100m!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Any predictions for Economics, my Irish teacher seems to think Maigdileana will come up in the poetry section.

Also anyone got any predictions for any of the sciences ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Any predictions for Economics, my Irish teacher seems to think Maigdileana will come up in the poetry section.

We've a poetry section in economics =O

In seriousness though,
    -nama
    -banking, primary liquidity ratio
    -unemployment
    -govt policy
    -the consumer- I'd say something like motives for holding money given it is a recession....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Neon-Circles: We've a poetry section in economics =O

Haha! Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

These are my English and physics predictons:
    English-Poetry: *Boland, Longely, Eliot, Yeats
    -Comparative: *GVVP and LG
    -King Lear: *Dunno !!
    Physics-Experiments:*Boyles Law
    *Snells Law
    * Vaporisation of water
    * Joules Law
    -Long Qs:* light
    *Heat
    *more derivations than other years
    *defintions that cannot be derived through tables book
    *possibly removing the "help" in the calculations eg Planks constant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

cickimc wrote: »
    What are you guys thinking for higher level Accounting? espicially in the 100m!

Interpretation, not sure, Suspense.

Will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

Physics-Experiments:*Boyles Law
    *Snells Law
    * Vaporisation of water
    * Joules Law
    -Long Qs:* light
    *Heat
    *more derivations than other years
    *defintions that cannot be derived through tables book
    *possibly removing the "help" in the calculations eg Planks constant.

According to the SEC there sn't going to be any changes in our exam papers, not until 2011 so it should be the same! My teacher is predicting loads of electricity and she predicts it right every year.
    I wouldnt listen to the definiations thing ad my teacher said they defo will not remove the "help" as in the constants in the maths, maybe no even for next year because we cnt be given the book of tables in a very stressful year as it is and be expected to know how to use them.

According to the SEC there sn't going to be any changes in our exam papers, not until 2011 so it should be the same! My teacher is predicting loads of electricity and she predicts it right every year.
    I wouldnt listen to the definiations thing ad my teacher said they defo will not remove the "help" as in the constants in the maths, maybe no even for next year because we cnt be given the book of tables in a very stressful year as it is and be expected to know how to use them.

ahh i HATE electricity!! Ah thats good so about the "help" thing, my teacher thought they could ! There will have to be a change to the marking scheme though? they wont be able to give 3 marks for a formula like other years like would they? Ohh and I seen somewhere here too that they might not put the option question 10 on the paper this year, your teacher say anything about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

ahh i HATE electricity!! Ah thats good so about the "help" thing, my teacher thought they could ! There will have to be a change to the marking scheme though? they wont be able to give 3 marks for a formula like other years like would they? Ohh and I seen somewhere here too that they might not put the option question 10 on the paper this year, your teacher say anything about that?

I know! i hate it with a passion and she's predicting 2 questions on it!

Nope they aren't changing the marking scheme for it, theres something up on www.examinations.ie about it, its not going to be changed til next year so fingers crossed for that!
    But she said its going to be a difficult paper coz they had such and easy one last year, and lets face it, theirs was SO sinple! anybody could do it like!

As in particle physics? I tohught they has to put that up every year, what was their reason for not putting it up?
    God i hope they do put it up coz i LOVE that section, it's so easy and logical!

I know! i hate it with a passion and she's predicting 2 questions on it!

Nope they aren't changing the marking scheme for it, theres something up on www.examinations.ie about it, its not going to be changed til next year so fingers crossed for that!
    But she said its going to be a difficult paper coz they had such and easy one last year, and lets face it, theirs was SO sinple! anybody could do it like!

As in particle physics? I tohught they has to put that up every year, what was their reason for not putting it up?
    God i hope they do put it up coz i LOVE that section, it's so easy and logical!

Ah yaa I see that now! My teacher is some dope like he obviously got that letter!! Awh ya I know, I'm a repeat I did that paper! Q9 the electricity one last year was a JOKE !! I did it as my extra Q and was done in like 5 mins going WDF !! I thought i got it all wrong cause it was so easy! Turned out it was my highest Q !
    Ya particle physcis! They say it doesnt HAVE TO come up every year like its not a set Q , and its apparantly tipped to not come up this year!
    Yaa same it is my FAVOURITE section, sooo simple and like really interesting !! I think it would be reeeeaaallly slack if they give us a difficult paper AND take off the option Q in the same year- I cant see that happening!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Really hoping 2 waves experiments come up. Hate heat with a passion!

I will be devastated beyond words if particle physics doesnt come up!!

Advertisement