Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Irish poetry: Im hearing uirchill an chreagain.

Anyone got predictions for business and home ec???

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

Irish poetry: Im hearing uirchill an chreagain.

Anyone got predictions for business and home ec???

my home ec teacher is predicting the section b question to be on PROTEIN !
    her predictions have been right every year so . . .;)

Conor108 wrote: »
    Really hoping 2 waves experiments come up. Hate heat with a passion!

I will be devastated beyond words if particle physics doesnt come up!!
    Um..particle physics comes up every year in Q10 a)...so no devastation for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Um..particle physics comes up every year in Q10 a)...so no devastation for you!
    Ya but somewhere in here someone said apparantly its tipped that there will be no option Q this year as the option Q doesnt HAVE to come up every year.... I highly doubt it wont come up, but still !

Ya but somewhere in here someone said apparantly its tipped that there will be no option Q this year as the option Q doesnt HAVE to come up every year.... I highly doubt it wont come up, but still !
    It doesn't? News to me! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

It doesn't? News to me! :confused:
    Ya its not a set Q , none of them are ! Its just the pattern they have settled into like the way Q6 is always mechanics but thats not a rule like ! Sure they moved the option to Q 11 in 2005, changed the pattern a bit that year but at least it was still there! Il be expecting to see it on June 21st anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I'll die if we don't get a full mechanics question!
    I hope they stick to the pattern and have 12(a) as mechanics too.

Who thinks we'll get a full question on Sound? I hope not..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

Ya its not a set Q , none of them are ! Its just the pattern they have settled into like the way Q6 is always mechanics but thats not a rule like ! Sure they moved the option to Q 11 in 2005, changed the pattern a bit that year but at least it was still there! Il be expecting to see it on June 21st anyways!

I asked my physics teacher today and she said there will always be a particle physics question on the paper because its so interesting and they cant leave it out because that and electricity is so important in physics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

hopefully t.s elliott comes come and boland.. but i think they wont put up a female this year to trick us...
    oh really do you think swine will come up (viruses) interesting..
    hate respiraion 2./...
    any ideas for irish paper 2.. we have been told there is a good chance for magilena,chead drama, oiche nollaig nan,jack and nil aon ní

anyone with hints...?:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

The Doppler Effect looks fairly likely and its not too bad
    I wouldn't mind if a option question didn't come up
    we did applied electricity and I do not like it!

• Advertisement

Sound is lovely! All that really gets asked is the Doppler effect, and sometimes sound intensity. Very manageable altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

Anyone with ideas for Irish HL? Im thinking politicians/unemployment for the essay in paper 1 and for paper 2; An Toilean, jack, nil aon ti, fiche blian ag fas.
    Anyone with any ideas on a thig na tit orm?
    Has anyone gone to any of the xmas/easter revision courses in irish? Wat did they cover? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

cfitz86 wrote: »
    Anyone with ideas for Irish HL? Im thinking politicians/unemployment for the essay in paper 1 and for paper 2; An Toilean, jack, nil aon ti, fiche blian ag fas.
    Anyone with any ideas on a thig na tit orm?
    Has anyone gone to any of the xmas/easter revision courses in irish? Wat did they cover? :)

Have the institute list of predictions, would post now but I REALLY should be studying (4 weeks today peeps!!!) so I'll try post later or tomorrow!

madlad88 wrote: »
    my home ec teacher is predicting the section b question to be on PROTEIN !
    her predictions have been right every year so . . .;)

I agree, and Iron is also a big one! They're the two that have never come up as a full Section B question and apparently some report came out on Iron deficiencies in Ireland before Christmas so hopefully they'll have mercy and put up a big fat protein question :D:D

aine92 wrote: »
    I agree, and Iron is also a big one! They're the two that have never come up as a full Section B question and apparently some report came out on Iron deficiencies in Ireland before Christmas so hopefully they'll have mercy and put up a big fat protein question :D:D
    Ye i would die a happy lad if dat came up plus poverty and childare for the elective im thinking and manufacture of cheese/milling of wheat as part of long question :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

aine92 wrote: »
    Have the institute list of predictions, would post now but I REALLY should be studying (4 weeks today peeps!!!) so I'll try post later or tomorrow!

Thanks that would be great!! :) My god 4 weeks today, i feel sick jst thinkn about it!!

madlad88 wrote: »
    Ye i would die a happy lad if dat came up plus poverty and childare for the elective im thinking and manufacture of cheese/milling of wheat as part of long question :cool:

Yeah, our teacher told us too that manufacture of margerine is tipped, something I have no recollection of even doing :rolleyes: Yeh poverty, childcare and the elderly too. Dammit I have a list but I cant find it, if I do I'll post it up.

Ok so our teacher told us:
    -Calcium
    -Iron
    -Protein (which means meat, fish, eggs, that kinda thing is bound to appear)
    -Food processing and packaging (ugh. just ugh.)
    -Antioxidants
    -Carbohydrate and wheat milling
    -Manufacture of marg
    -RDA of minerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Calcium / Iron / Protein would be a great one...
    SO much easier than last years Section B1. Question!
    Production Of Margarine? Haven't done it yet!

Is the Budgeting/Management/Housing Finance section worth putting time and effort into studying? we covered it last year but barely...? SOme of my friends are just leaving it out completely except for some definitions for short questions?
    Theres only 2 short questions from that section and one long question... ?

Irish Aiste? - Hopefully policticains/no respect/ state of Ireland... so you can bring in everything !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lorcy

does anyone know if its safe to just learn irish art (stone bronze and iron age) medieval (Romanesque and gothic) and gallery q for art history??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Learn newgrange it's definately up this year. Learn rennaisance sculpture one artist I'm doing Donatello

PARARORY wrote: »
    Calcium / Iron / Protein would be a great one...
    SO much easier than last years Section B1. Question!
    Production Of Margarine? Haven't done it yet!

Is the Budgeting/Management/Housing Finance section worth putting time and effort into studying? we covered it last year but barely...? SOme of my friends are just leaving it out completely except for some definitions for short questions?
    Theres only 2 short questions from that section and one long question... ?
    !

I'd find it easier to just study social studies like the famiy and marriage etc ... for question 5 much easier and question 2 is usually grand aswel like coeliac disease might come up this year:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

Spanish predictions anyone :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mairead192

any religion predictions please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

yenoBAYUB wrote: »
    Hmm, even my english teacher isnt sure about Rich, she was on the course for 2008, 2009 and now 2010. She came up in 08 but not in 09? So hes not sure, but al the predictions he made last year were perfect.

so whats his predictions for this year?!:D
    Boland is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

Any body heard of anything that is likely to come in the Art History exam this year?

Francis Bacon for the Gallery Q...
    there was a big exhibition in the Hugh Lane around the time the papers were wrote, and appearntly is was a HUGH deal, so my teacher is VERY confident it will come up..;)

apart from that im learning:
    *Romanesque + Gothic
    *Havn't decided properly yet, but think Raphael (either him or Michangelo or DaVinci, but some people said Raphael is due?)
    *New Grange + The Book of Kells
    *And obv the gallery q, but having an answer ready to compare it to other exbos and sculptures in the town....like comparing the art gallery in my town to the Hugh Lane....

Whats everyone else doing?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spjhalion

Hey I did my LC two years ago and am now doing English and Psychology but I am repeating HL Irish because I want to do Primary School Teaching at some stage. Has anyone got any tips/predictions for the essays, poems and pros? Like what ones are most likely and what sorta Qs? Would really appreciate it and am more than happy to give any English related advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

tkeane wrote: »
    A
    • Longley- Northern Irish
    • Eliot- American
    • Yeats- Irish
    • Rich- American

Sounds almost to good to be true... Yeats AND Longley? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

Rich came up in 08 but she was on the first english paper last yr also but never came up on the official one then! She could possibly come up this year too. . . .
    Hopefully Boland though cause i love her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 pencapchew67

mairead192 wrote: »
    any religion predictions please? :D

Very few(if any?) topics have been repeated since the course was started in 2004. There is still quite a number of topics that have never come up which are predicted to show up this year.Early Christian communities(Corinth,Philipi, ect.) was predicted last year and never showed up so this year its chances of popping up are quite high.If you study the past papers you will see whats not come up-I would focus on those.

Advertisement