Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spjhalion

Hey. I did my LC two years ago but am repeating just HL Irish this year because I want to do teaching at some stage and need at least a C3 in HL (I got a D1... very annoying). Im working my way through the course but finding it hard to focus in on specific texts because I amn't in the loop with regards to predictions etc. Could anyone tell me what they have been told to focus on for essays? And if anyone had either mock I would be eternally grateful! Also I am studying English so if anyone needs any help in return I would be more than happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

niamhocxox wrote: »
    Rich came up in 08 but she was on the first english paper last yr also but never came up on the official one then! She could possibly come up this year too. . . .

i taut bishop was on th original as well and only Longley was taken off so thats why hes tipped to come up this yr????
    Boland all th way tho!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Haven't seen anyone mention Derek Walcott for the English poetry. I know he came up last year, but actually he is not on the course again till at least 2014 so......

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

my teacher thinks yeats and rich are up from the ones we have done

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Kavanagh ftw!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ChristinaA

Predictions for french?? :) .. boland, kavanagh, yeats and longley for english, general vision and viewpoint and literary genre:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Literary Genre better come up.........................

Yeats would be nice, too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

zam wrote: »
    Literary Genre better come up.........................

Hate it, hate it hard :mad:

Hoping SEC decide to do Cultural Context again "for the craic". Its FAR easier imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mairead192

Very few(if any?) topics have been repeated since the course was started in 2004. There is still quite a number of topics that have never come up which are predicted to show up this year.Early Christian communities(Corinth,Philipi, ect.) was predicted last year and never showed up so this year its chances of popping up are quite high.If you study the past papers you will see whats not come up-I would focus on those.

kk tanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Conor108 wrote: »
    Hate it, hate it hard :mad:

Hoping SEC decide to do Cultural Context again "for the craic". Its FAR easier imo

Yeah I've grown to love CC. I'd LOVE if that came up, that and LG to give us a nice choice of questions. I haven't even looked at GVV. I don't even know what it is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris2me

knwaca wrote: »
    Business, you don't need predications you just need some common sense and your guaranteed a good mark!
    Thats all I do of your list, :D

Thats Bull Sh*t,
    Business is hard!
    But i know where your coming from!
    but you wouldnt get a good grade, you'd get an 'ok' grade!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Freaked Out LC Student!

I hate the Leaving!! :(

Well my predictions for this year are...

English - Paper 1 - Something about women as a theme.
    - Paper 2 - King Lear - Redemption through suffering Gloucester and Lear.
    - Comparitive - Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint.
    - Poetry - Kavanagh(2004), Elliot, Boland(2005), Yeats(2005).

Biology - Ecology, Virises, Bacteria, Fungi, Photosynthesis, Respiration, Reproduction in both plants and animals, photosynthesis experiment, enzyme experiments.

Home Ec - Milk in Q1, Sociology Elective - Unemployment, Poverty and Education.

I need help with Honours History! And Fast!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

Tinytot91 wrote: »
    Went to a revision course in leeson street during xmas and out of all the 8 poets he only went through Boland,Kavanagh and longley!

I went to another revision course down here in Galway. The teacher did Kavanagh, Eliot, Longley and Boland in detail!:)

lorcy wrote: »
    does anyone know if its safe to just learn irish art (stone bronze and iron age) medieval (Romanesque and gothic) and gallery q for art history??

are you doing higher level? according to my teacher newgrange comes up every second year, and it's due up this year!

Any body heard of anything that is likely to come in the Art History exam this year?
    Newgrange, Impressionists and the opposite to what came up last year in Gothic and Romanesque!

LL92 wrote: »
    (HL)

irish- an chead drama / an t-oilean.
    clare sa speir seems to come up every second year.
    lig sinn i gcathu is due up.
    the whole cathal o searcaigh thing has kind of blown over so don't count him out, maigdileana or nil aon ni could appear again.

french- something on poverty, not directly recession.
    our teacher thinks something on reading could come up because it came up on both mock papers she used. just because it came up in the mocks doesn't mean it would come up in the real thing though. she was just saying it's a possibility and something that she hasn't seen before.

home ec- how can you narrow that down? you have to know EVERYTHING. anything can come up, and Q1 is compulsory, so if you get a 25marker on something you don't know, screwed. poverty, unemployment (obvious recession-related topics) for sociology elective though.

english- EVERYONE is saying boland. i'm learning kavanagh, boland, longley anyway.

lig sinn i gcathu = yuck yucky YUCK yuck!;(

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Haaate Lig Sin i gCathu =(.
    Would love An Chead Drama to come up, the poet was my 4th cousin lmao.

Any ideas on the Aiste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeeHeadlights

Just spent about twenty minutes and took a page of notes from this threwad so I suppose I'll throw in my own predictions/hopes/teachers' predictions.

English. Poetry, I'm hoping for Longley and Boland. Longley is easy enough I think, and even though I hate Boland she's not too challenging. I'm gonna learn Rich and Kavanagh to a lesser extent.
    Lear, my teacher made us do about eight six page essays on every aspect of it last year and I really don't feel like there's all that much to learn, I found myself repeating things I had said in other essays. Stuff about suffering, good and evil. I should probably be doing this when I'm more awake, I'll come back to Lear tomorrow or something. This may sound ridiculous, but quotes are easy to remember if you put ridiculous words in them.. a friend and I use "Morbo", like the alien news anchor from Futurama. "I love your majesty according to my bond, nor Morbo, nor less." is a prime example.
    I think Vision and Viewpoint and Cultural Context are sort of easy to prepare the same essay for.. you just need to know your stuff and know how to twist it to suit what you're saying.

For Biology (higher) I have a good feeling about the ear. That's all really.

Music, Seachanges for the big one. I can't remember what he said about the beatles, but I have music tomorrow so I'll check again.

Irish, the same as everyone's saying really.. but for the Aiste I'm kinda hoping for a good scéal. I generally do really well with them, it saved me in the mocks. Hoping the fáinne óir will save the day.

Art History, I am screwed. HELP D:

French, also screwed. Considering dropping to ordinary.

I think that's all I've got.. for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Does anyone think I'll be safe just learning off Vietnam, domestic factors that influenced foreign policy and the civil rights movement for History regarding the American section?

I can't be ARSED going off learning the Moon landings and technology and mass media!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

ah its not that hard learning the moonlanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

dyeti wrote: »
    Does anyone think I'll be safe just learning off Vietnam, domestic factors that influenced foreign policy and the civil rights movement for History regarding the American section?

I can't be ARSED going off learning the Moon landings and technology and mass media!
    I'll just be learning off everything about vietnam, i know its a bit stupid but theres too much to learn for history! I'll glance over technology probably:pac:
    You'll be well safe learning off them 3 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

My predictions for Irish:

Prós:
    -A) Lá Buí Bealtaine
    -B) Fiche Blian Ag Fás

Gnáth.
    A) Níl Aon Ní or Faoiseamh a Gh.
    B) Jack

Ard. I've narrowed it down to three:
    Uirchill an Chreagain, An tOilean or An Chead Drama.

Stair:
    An Fiannaíocht, Gaeilge (Cainiuntí, Gaeltacht), Ogham, Gluaiseanna

Essays/Debates/Newspaper Articles:
    Possibly Sport (world cup, handball incident), Poverty/Effect of Recession, Environment (2010 Biodiversity, earthquakes, tsunami's), Education System (Irish course change, project maths, CAO applicants etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Victorian_Fangs

For Art History Newgrange is due to come up this year, seems to come up every second year. (THANK GOD) The Bronze Age is likely too. I think Post-Impressionism (Van Gogh, Cezanne) is gonna come up too. Other than that I'm learning Raphael and Leonardo.

For English, I'm frickin hoping Boland and Longley will come up! Gonna learn Kavanagh and Rich and Yeats to a lesser extent though. I'm told minor characters are likely to come up this year? (Eg. The Fool, Cordelia) The whole "King Lear is a man more sinned against than sinning" is likely too, as well as our sympathy for him despite his wrongdoing.

For Biology, my teachers tips are usually pretty accurate. She told us she thinks: The ear, plant/human reproduction, genetics, respiration, excretion, spinal cord/reflexes, enzymes...i know there's more but i can't remember!

Hope this helps ye! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I would say minor characters are VERY likely to come up this year in English as last year on the original English paper 2 paper the character of Banquo came up in Macbeth ( can't verify this as I obv didn't see the paper, but saw the thread/got the text saying what was on the paper) and he was a minor character! also, the theme of deception came up last year on the original paper, and neither of these came up on the paper we sat last year... so a theme Q is also very likely this year! Thats my theory anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

My teacher has been going over the Fool and how he and Cordelia have been rumoured as being the same character, and the Fools wisdom, all that jazz, like a mad woman!

Home Ec anybody....please god home ec?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BarbiePink

Anybody have any notes on the Fool, Cordelia etc.? Like on the minor characters because my teachers has given us nothing on them! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

spjhalion wrote: »
    Hey. I did my LC two years ago but am repeating just HL Irish this year because I want to do teaching at some stage and need at least a C3 in HL (I got a D1... very annoying). Im working my way through the course but finding it hard to focus in on specific texts because I amn't in the loop with regards to predictions etc. Could anyone tell me what they have been told to focus on for essays? And if anyone had either mock I would be eternally grateful! Also I am studying English so if anyone needs any help in return I would be more than happy!

Im doing the same repeating as an external student to apply for teaching, although I'm attending a class specifically for external students.
    With regards to prediction,
    Poetry Ordinary level: Nil aon ni, Jack
    Honours poetry: An Toilean, Chead drama
    Stories: Clare sa Spear is due up (it comes up every second yr) and fiche bliain ag fag, a lot of people are sayin Lig Sinn i gCathu but its been on the paper for the last 3 yrs..
    A thig na tit orm: Something to do with his time in America
    And the essay: the life of politicians, imigration/unemployment, the irish language.

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BarbiePink

cfitz86 wrote: »
    With regards to prediction,
    Poetry Ordinary level: Nil aon ni, Jack
    Honours poetry: An Toilean, Chead drama
    Stories: Clare sa Spear is due up (it comes up every second yr) and fiche bliain ag fag, a lot of people are sayin Lig Sinn i gCathu but its been on the paper for the last 3 yrs..
    A thig na tit orm: Something to do with his time in America
    And the essay: the life of politicians, imigration/unemployment, the irish language.

Hope this helps :)

Hey I have pretty much the same predictions as you!:D There all I am studying, so lets just hope they come up!! Did you get them from the Institute? :rolleyes:

Ya thats pretty all Im focusing on (really have to start studying it thou :P No didnt go to the institute Im doin it privately in a grinds school in Clare!
    I hope there right!!
    Any ideas for Stair na G? I havnt even looked at it!!

• Advertisement

Ya thats pretty all Im focusing on (really have to start studying it thou No didnt go to the institute Im doin it privately in a grinds school in Clare!
    I hope there right!!
    Any ideas for Stair na G? I havnt even looked at it!!

Advertisement