Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BarbiePink

Yeah I think I'l take a gamble :o
    Aisling, Ruraiocht, Fhiannaiocht, I have been getting different predictions so they aren't reliable!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

Ya iv been gettin the same kinda thing, but Im not gona focus on anythin from last yr cause d exact same thing came up for d last 2 yrs!
    Ya im gona take d gamble as well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BarbiePink

Oh yeah that is a good idea! Do you think I would be safe learning an essay on young people, unemployment and politics? :) What essays are you focusing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

anyone got predections for home ec and business?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Guys I'm ****ed for king Lear. I'm gonna just read and read and read oh and READ shortcuts to success and ALL the notes I have. Please anyone predictions?! Being a repeat sucks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

fufureida wrote: »
    Guys I'm ****ed for king Lear. I'm gonna just read and read and read oh and READ shortcuts to success and ALL the notes I have. Please anyone predictions?! Being a repeat sucks!!!

Our teacher constantly covers the theme of blindness. He's a chief examiner so im taking a HUGE gamble and putting my money on that. Knowing my luck it probably wont come up :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Will Harney

English. Boland and Literary Genre
    Irish Claire sa speir and jack
    French. a easy letter
    Geography
    maths same every year.
    Biology Dont have a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Will Harney

Similarites between the plot and sub plot

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭chrisguy116

Been taking many notes from these threads so may as well throw in my predictions

English HL ; King lear, something to do with minor characters,good v evil or sufferieng. Poetry- Yeats/Boland/Kavanagh definitely.And Vv + LG

Business; hard to say, EU, management, and the economy id say.

Biology; photosynthesis, resp, ecology , enzymes, the ear and Viruses are likely.

History ? aint got a clue.

ANYONE GOT PREDICTIONS ON ENGINEERING HAVENT HEARD ANYTHIN EVEN THOUGH ITS QUITE THE SAME EVERYYEAR! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Someone's probably already mentioned this but for last year's leaving cert. a lot of the exams were pretty much the same as the previous years, so don't rule things out just because they came up last year...because of that I went from an A1 in history to a C1, oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 greener44

Anyone have any idea's for Stair na Gaeilge??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

emzz wrote: »
    lig sinn i gcathu = yuck yucky YUCK yuck!;(

hate it!! :(
    how come people think it's due up?? It has come up for the last 3 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spjhalion

cfitz86 wrote: »
    Im doing the same repeating as an external student to apply for teaching, although I'm attending a class specifically for external students.
    With regards to prediction,
    Poetry Ordinary level: Nil aon ni, Jack
    Honours poetry: An Toilean, Chead drama
    Stories: Clare sa Spear is due up (it comes up every second yr) and fiche bliain ag fag, a lot of people are sayin Lig Sinn i gCathu but its been on the paper for the last 3 yrs..
    A thig na tit orm: Something to do with his time in America
    And the essay: the life of politicians, imigration/unemployment, the irish language.

Hope this helps :)

Hey thanks! helps a lot. Im looking at Clare sa speir, fiche and cearrbhach (in that order). ive done An tOilean and im banking on that to come up but cant decide whether to do Chead Drama or Uirchill for 2nd poem - i didnt do either when I was originally doing LC so i dont have a preference! For pass im doing Faoiseamh, Nil Aoin Ni and Jack. I cant see bimse or gealt (or faoiseamh really) coming up because all three came up the last 2 yrs in a row and it caused a lot of controversy!
    For essays im really stuck as they are probably my weakest point! Im doing one on problems in the lives of young people (drugs, drink, lc) and im going to look at one on politics. Has anyone heard of anything else tipped to come up? :confused:
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spjhalion

greener44 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea's for Stair na Gaeilge??
    I would be pretty confident that anything (bar aisling) which came up last year will not be repeated as there was so much uproar about the stupidity of repeating everything - famous people and all - as 2008. I think Fhianniacht, Aisling, Influence of celtic language on irish and maybe one more should be solid enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Similarites between the plot and sub plot

I wish. But that was already asked a few years ago so it's unlikely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

It was a bit of a ridiculous question as well. The point of the sub-plot is that it mirrors the plot, it would be nice if a similar question came up though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Ya it would be a nice queston... but veeery broad! Bordering on telling the story and they've gotten a bit more specific!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

Has anybody any ideas for history?
    I'm studying Vietnam, Montgomery BB, the Jarrow march, Stalin and Lenin, Stalin's Show Trials, Fascism in Europe, The Inter-War Years, The Eucharistic Congress, some FF and CnG, and mainly concentrating on Sunningdale for the case study.

This is just what I've decided to do, though, our teacher didn't say anything.
    Can anybody help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Has anybody any ideas for history?
    I'm studying Vietnam, Montgomery BB, the Jarrow march, Stalin and Lenin, Stalin's Show Trials, Fascism in Europe, The Inter-War Years, The Eucharistic Congress, some FF and CnG, and mainly concentrating on Sunningdale for the case study.

This is just what I've decided to do, though, our teacher didn't say anything.
    Can anybody help?

Church state relations and US foreign/economic policies is what our teacher told us to learn! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anak7

I'm new here, hello everyone :D

I was wondering does anybody have any tips on whats coming up for An Triail and Stair na Gaeilge?

For the essay, "An Stad na Tire" seems too predictable? Or anything to do with the recession? I was thinking of "Na Daoine Oga" perhaps? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeeHeadlights

anak7 wrote: »
    I'm new here, hello everyone :D

I was wondering does anybody have any tips on whats coming up for An Triail and Stair na Gaeilge?

For the essay, "An Stad na Tire" seems too predictable? Or anything to do with the recession? I was thinking of "Na Daoine Oga" perhaps? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

As far as I know the recession came up last year.. could be wrong though. My Irish teacher reckons "Fadhbanna na Déagoirí" or something to that effect. And sport, what with Thierry Henry and all. Honesty or fairness in sport. Something like that.
    No idea about An Triail! I haven't looked at that or Stair na Gaeilge.. better get on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

dyeti wrote: »
    Does anyone think I'll be safe just learning off Vietnam, domestic factors that influenced foreign policy and the civil rights movement for History regarding the American section?

I can't be ARSED going off learning the Moon landings and technology and mass media!

Don't forget about Economy, it has never come up and I would bet my left foot it will come up this year. Its a lovely question too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anak7

As far as I know the recession came up last year.. could be wrong though. My Irish teacher reckons "Fadhbanna na Déagoirí" or something to that effect. And sport, what with Thierry Henry and all. Honesty or fairness in sport. Something like that.
    No idea about An Triail! I haven't looked at that or Stair na Gaeilge.. better get on that.

Thank you!! =) Yeah i'm pretty screwed for both of them. There is just so much in Stair na Gaeilge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Music: deane heavily tipped as main question
    minor melody or backing chords hasnt been up in while as far as i know:)
    business: consumer information act hasnt been up in ages, wage calculations, agm and minutes
    irish hl: la bui bealtaine fiche blian ag fas, jack, urchaill -an toilean -an chead drama, teicnici an triail

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

frser32 wrote: »
    Music: deane heavily tipped as main question
    minor melody or backing chords hasnt been up in while as far as i know:)
    business: consumer information act hasnt been up in ages, wage calculations, agm and minutes
    irish hl: la bui bealtaine fiche blian ag fas, jack, urchaill -an toilean -an chead drama, teicnici an triail

That'd be a horrible An Triail question...I heard that it'll be very very similar to that of last year, vices and virtues, because very few people could translate it and so it was done really badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Anyone have any ideas on questions for dictatorship and democracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I hate the Leaving!! :(

Well my predictions for this year are...

English - Paper 1 - Something about women as a theme.
    - Paper 2 - King Lear - Redemption through suffering Gloucester and Lear.
    - Comparitive - Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint.
    - Poetry - Kavanagh(2004), Elliot, Boland(2005), Yeats(2005).

Biology - Ecology, Virises, Bacteria, Fungi, Photosynthesis, Respiration, Reproduction in both plants and animals, photosynthesis experiment, enzyme experiments.

Home Ec - Milk in Q1, Sociology Elective - Unemployment, Poverty and Education.

I need help with Honours History! And Fast!!
    :)

In BIO: I've also heard the dissection of the heart will come up as an experiment; the lymph system and the male reproductive system!

As for history, apparently something on Cumann na nGaedheal and Mussolini? Possibly Eucharistic Congress...

Oh God though, who knows?!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

I hate the Leaving!! :(
    I need help with Honours History! And Fast!!
    :)

Even though history quite hard to predict, we do it anyway. I've had to study History solo, and therefore I had to do all the sussing out myself on past papers etc. So these are my predictions for history:
    Sov + Par:
    *Rise of Sinn Fein. (It has never come up, and it could come up as "account for the reasons of the fall of Home Rule in the 1918 election (and rise of SF)" Or as What were the consequences of the 1916 rising in which Sf could play a large part of the q)
    *CnnG and FF on how they consolidated democracy or economy
    *Influence of the church on politics and society (bring in euc cong)
    *Anglo Irish relations.

Dict + Democ:
    *Mussolini (rise of or church state relations(could come up with hitler too)
    *Britain (they love asking soc+eco problems)(know effect war on home front)
    *Hitlers foreign policy (never come up)
    *Anti semitism/holocaust (really big part of ww2 and has never come up)
    *Soc+eco problems Germany (perhaps how these led to the rise of hitler)

USA:
    *Economy (has never come up and I reckon it will....At least I hope it will)
    *Moon landing and/or Advances in technology (never come up as a full q, whereas the other 2 case studies have. Also the other two were the document q's the last two years.)
    *Foreign policy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I'm convinced the Belfast Blitz will come up. Maybe I just want it to though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

orlabobs wrote: »

USA:
    *Economy (has never come up and I reckon it will....At least I hope it will)
    *Moon landing and/or Advances in technology (never come up as a full q, whereas the other 2 case studies have. Also the other two were the document q's the last two years.)
    *Foreign policy

I would throw vietnam in there aswel as a question on its own . . . well it better come up or im screwed!!

Advertisement