Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lmoylan17

English: Boland, Yeats, Kavanagh, Longley, (Eliot maybe
    ) GV+V, LG, king Lear minor character Fool, or Edmund, Good vs Evil

History: Rise of sinn fein, FF and Cna G economic policies,Dictatorship, Church state relations, civil rights, american economy and american foreign policy.

Home ec : carbohydrates, protien, meat, fish, factors influecing consumer choice housing types, vitamin D, Coronary heart disease, cholestrol, ventilation, lighting, room plan, renewable energy.

Ag science : same q more/ less every yar so work on exam papers.

Geography : human impact on rivers( remember the floods at christmas), (sub con agriculture, industry, culture, touism, urban growth)(euro agri, culture, tourism, climatic)(irish agri tourism culture)

Irish: bean og claire sa speir cearbhach jack nil aon ni

maths : every year same q's

Roll on 24th June

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

laaaads .... I'm kinda thinking it could be Rich that will come up not Boland since Boland has been asked twice since the course change and Rich only once...though it was v recently (08) but who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Guys anyone notice the trend in Irish?

2006 - A) Lá Buí Bealtaine
    2007 - A) An Bhean Óg
    2008 - A) Lá Buí Bealtaine
    2009 - A) An Bhean Óg
    (25 marks)
    Really think Lá Buí Bealtaine will come up as the 25 marker! :D

As the 15 marker, I think Fiche Blian Ag Fás is expected (hasn't come up in B) but it has come up every 2 years as an A.

Bímse came up as A) in 2009, 2008, 2006. (I doubt it'll come up again this year in A or B, safe to leave it out I think.)

Faoiseamh came up as A) 2009, B) 2008, A)2007.

Gealt?: B) 2009, A) 2008, A) 2006.

Níl Aon Ní: B) 2007, B) 2006.

Jack: A) 2007.

Looking at these trends, Jack and Níl Aon Ní will come up in A) and Faoiseamh will come up in B). [I really doubt they'll put more than 1 on that came up in 09/08.]

An Mháthair: 2009
    Dá mb’fhéidir arís dár gcumann: 2009
    Dán do Mhelissa: 2008
    Oíche Nollaig na mBan: 2008
    Uirchill a Chreagáin: 2007
    MAIGDILÉANA: 2007
    AN tOILEÁN: 2006
    AN CHÉAD DRÁMA: 2006

I think Uirchill is a definite although we're quite unlucky as everything has come up now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

God, I hope Rich does come up....and Longley, and Yeats, and Keats. How perfect would that be for me?! (They're the ones I've learned REALLY well...)

As for Irish, HATE Lig Sin i gCathu, hope to God it doesn't appear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Megsy

Eh, would I be right in saying that for Art History, if you were just to learn the Gothic and Romanesque periods really well that it would do you fine for Section 2? Because it comes up every year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DoDaDoLoveLife

Biology: Digestion, Lymph System, Male Reproduction, Photosynthesis, Ecology, The ear, Viruses.

English: GV&VP and LG, Redemptive love in Lear, Boland, Longley, Yeats.

Irish: Cearrbach, An Bhean Og, Faoiseamh, Fiche Bhliain ag Fas, Gealt?.

French: Something related to poverty and something about reading.

Business: Breakeven, business plan, ratios, businesses in recession.

Home Ec: HACCP, Protein. Sociology Elective: Unemployment, Poverty.

Anything else for Home Ec? I'm completely screwed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 greener44

I think you are right with most of it but i have a feeling An tOilean will come up in the poetry it was up in 2002 & 2006 so it should be up in 2010,thats my opinion anyways & i think clare sa speir for the 25 marker, any ideas for stair na gaeilge??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lorcy

do you think literary genre will come???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xyepyepx

She came up in 2008!!

Had a look at the english leaving cert papers last night and Boland has come up a couple of years but rich has never ever ever come up! :D
    hint hint!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

I know we cant really predict them but theres likely to be something in relation to teenagers as there usually is but are people going in with learned off essays??? I have nothing! And seeing as I failed paper 1 in the pre I kinda need some sort of advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

does anyone have any idea what might come up for lear for higher level??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cantw84summer

English. Boland and Literary Genre
    Irish Claire sa speir and jack
    French. a easy letter
    Geography
    maths same every year.
    Biology Dont have a clue

Nice!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cantw84summer

lovelabel wrote: »
    does anyone have any idea what might come up for lear for higher level??

Id say things like blindness, minor characters and good vs evil!! Oh and the similarities between the plot and the sub plot!!!:D

Id say things like blindness, minor characters and good vs evil!! Oh and the similarities between the plot and the sub plot!!!:D

I don't think the similarities between the plot and the subplot will bethere as it was asked in 2007!

Do you think its safe to leave out the vegetarian diet and alternative protein foods? The came up in the question 1 in 2009, they would hardly repeat those topics would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

English- Kavanagh Boland Yeats and longley i think and hope
    hoping for a nice personal essay on paper 1

History- 1916, question on dev, question on facism characteristics, question on why soviet unioin collapsed and the colerain university thing for NI

Engineering- staraight forward enough question on moulding for plastcis id say and a thermal equilibrium diagram, cant predict welding and the accelerometor will be handy

Physics - the electromagnetsim chapters will come up im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Do you think its safe to leave out the vegetarian diet and alternative protein foods? The came up in the question 1 in 2009, they would hardly repeat those topics would they?

They could still come up in Q2 etc. and as short questions, I'd say at minimum know the basics.

gemxpink wrote: »
    They could still come up in Q2 etc. and as short questions, I'd say at minimum know the basics.

Ive already decided on questions 4 and 5 anyway lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Ive already decided on questions 4 and 5 anyway lol!

What do you think will be on q4? I really doubt it'l be household technology , came up last year and two / 3 years ago... theyv asked it all..

I heard recession linked question - budgeting/management/methods of payment?
    Question 5 - roles of people / conflict and acts im predicting!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Im doing irish (OL) and planning on doing the comhra and Litir.
    What do you think could come up in them or what should i know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeeHeadlights

I only decided to drop to ordinary French yesterday, couldn't hack the stress and possible failure of it all. I don't really know the ordinary paper, is it more or less the same every year?

PARARORY wrote: »
    What do you think will be on q4? I really doubt it'l be household technology , came up last year and two / 3 years ago... theyv asked it all..

I heard recession linked question - budgeting/management/methods of payment?
    Question 5 - roles of people / conflict and acts im predicting!

Q4. TEXTILES has NEVER been asked so have that in mind when studying! Im also thinking it will be something about finance,housing budgeting and saving. And according to the papers 'energy' has never been asked but Im not quite sure what it means by that lol.

Q5. Im thinking divorce, family law, the elderly and people with special needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ChristinaA

any idea on geography guys??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Megsy

Just a quick question on geography that I thought I might as well just ask here!

How long do the thirty mark answers need to be? Like say an answer on tertiary activities in India or one on human interaction with rivers? Is a page too little?

Megsy wrote: »
    Just a quick question on geography that I thought I might as well just ask here!

How long do the thirty mark answers need to be? Like say an answer on tertiary activities in India or one on human interaction with rivers? Is a page too little?

I dont do geogrpahy but isnt there a set time to be spent on each q? write as much as u can in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Megsy wrote: »

15 SRP's (single relevant points)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Q4. TEXTILES has NEVER been asked so have that in mind when studying! Im also thinking it will be something about finance,housing budgeting and saving. And according to the papers 'energy' has never been asked but Im not quite sure what it means by that lol.

Q5. Im thinking divorce, family law, the elderly and people with special needs

Energy is about consumer responsibilities , how to save energy - those guidelines.. kinda common sense !

My teacher thinks textiles is way too small to be asked.. maybe a 12 marker about detergents...?

B1 - iron maybe? Vitamin A maybe?

Do you think a diet / disease will be q2 ... like coeliac ?

PARARORY wrote: »
    Energy is about consumer responsibilities , how to save energy - those guidelines.. kinda common sense !

My teacher thinks textiles is way too small to be asked.. maybe a 12 marker about detergents...?

B1 - iron maybe? Vitamin A maybe?

Do you think a diet / disease will be q2 ... like coeliac ?

A lot of people seem to think the a diet is coming up but theres also talk of sensory analysis, HCCAP, yeast. Im hoping for either protein, carbs, minerals or vit c, a or d in q1

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

yourmother wrote: »
    I'd just like to say I'm in complete agreement with you! And, I had looked at mocks.ie and thought it was an alright idea. Having seen all the posts by this person I would never order off them! How sly.

Lame.
    How I hate uptight forum nerds.

Sly?
    What skin is it off your nose if they want to plug a site that is relevant to the discussion here? I really don't see the problem. And anyone who would click that little "report post" icon for a post as innocuous as that one, is a waste of skin.

(And no... I have absolutely NO vested interest whatsoever in that mocks site)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xemmsx

My teacher says that if uircheall comes up that aisling polatuil will definatly come up in stair na gaeilge. oh and id say an cead drama will come up ( i hope anyways)

also bimse buan is a big tip... I know its been up lots of times but apparently examiners love it! and clare sa speir, fiche bliain ag fas and lig sinn (examiners love that one too!)

:):)

Advertisement