Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ChristinaA

Do ye think karst landscape will come up in geo?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

ChristinaA wrote: »
    Do ye think karst landscape will come up in geo?:)

Yeh I'm studying it anyway.
    Sedimentary formation and resulting landscape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spjhalion

Does anyone have any idea/predictions what might come up for the Essay? Im looking at young peoples problems and was hoping to tie crime and violence into it but havent really got any notes on crime/violence (repeating just irish for the LC). Anyone have any ideas or pointers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

knwaca wrote: »
    Our Bio teacher is really highly connected with bio leaving cert commitee or something, calls the chief superindent reguarly, anyway she predicts a definte gentics question, one on either plant or human reproduction, one on respiration or photo synthesis, something on viruses (swine flu), and the rest is chance!

With the exception of the viruses/swine flu tip, isn't the rest of that usually the way the paper works anyway?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

With the exception of the viruses/swine flu tip, isn't the rest of that usually the way the paper works anyway?

:pac:

Hahaha yeah. we were all expecting everything there except viruses.. and even then we already heard viruses was a possibilty this year! lol

and, theres no way the paper would be spilled to a teacher anyway! My english teacher is the chief examiner and he sets the contingency paper and he hasnt even given hints.

• Advertisement

spjhalion wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea/predictions what might come up for the Essay? Im looking at young peoples problems and was hoping to tie crime and violence into it but havent really got any notes on crime/violence (repeating just irish for the LC). Anyone have any ideas or pointers?

Something in relation to the politicians maybe. or maybe something to do with cheating.. the thierry henry thing was in november.

Something to do with Theirry Henry will prob come up in the listening. Un tricheur is a cheat, i think! lol

xemmsx wrote: »
    My teacher says that if uircheall comes up that aisling polatuil will definatly come up in stair na gaeilge. oh and id say an cead drama will come up ( i hope anyways)

also bimse buan is a big tip... I know its been up lots of times but apparently examiners love it! and clare sa speir, fiche bliain ag fas and lig sinn (examiners love that one too!)

:):)

At the same time though, the aisling polaitiuil has been up for the last 2 years and they apologised last year for repeating the exact same stair so have that in mind. You can't obviously leave it out cuz the Q could say 'what type of poem is uirchill an chreagain?'. Dont leave last years stair out but dont same the same amount of time on it. And Apparently An Bhean Og is more likely to appear than Lig Sinn I gcathu. Either way, I wont be studying that dreadful story! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 whatisgoingon

Ok heres how it goes.

So far, a female poet has always come up so learn your female poets the best. Although its not 100% guaranteed, if a female poet didn't come up this would be the first year and there would be uproar so the examiner will probably put one on. Irish poets are good ones to have but focus on the female and EAVAN BOLAND in particular.

For the compartives, this year you will definitely get one between general vision and viewpoint and literary genre. Cultural context is only a maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Ok heres how it goes.

So far, a female poet has always come up so learn your female poets the best. Although its not 100% guaranteed, if a female poet didn't come up this would be the first year and there would be uproar so the examiner will probably put one on. Irish poets are good ones to have but focus on the female and EAVAN BOLAND in particular.

For the compartives, this year you will definitely get one between general vision and viewpoint and literary genre. Cultural context is only a maybe.

Hey welcome to boards!
    If you're going to do the whole 'one female poet comes up thing' just be really careful. I was listening to the countdown to 906 podcast and the guy who is usually very accurate predicted Yeats, Boland, Kavangh and Eliot so maybe just pick a third. Perhaps a general response on Kavanagh because he's really easy would just suck to not be able to answer poetry.

Yeh for comparatives we only did GV and CC so I'm focusing on GV but able to convert some parts of that to CC if that comes up.

Hope your revision is going well for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I don't know how I only noticed these now, and I'm sure some of ye have noticed these before but today I noticed two , interesting , things about the English poets being asked through the years...

1) Boland, Eliot and Yeats were asked together in 2005. And everyone is tipping them to come up again, together .... very unlikely in my opinion!! Of course, they may do just that, I'm only speculating !!

2) Only ONCE since the course changed have they asked the same poet 2 years in a row. That was '02/'03 with Plath. This makes no difference to most of you I'm guessing. From what I gather there are not many people learning Walcott or Keats. ( I am learning Keats, nevertheless) Buuut , since last years fiasco with paper 2, and the fact Longley was asked on the original paper and not on the second , will he be on this year..... Only time (6 days to be precise) will tell !!

Victoria. wrote: »
    Yeh I'm studying it anyway.
    Sedimentary formation and resulting landscape.

oh i hope it comes up on the same question, itd be great!!:D ... do u av ne hints on the regions??? :D:p

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    Haaate Lig Sin i gCathu =(.
    Would love An Chead Drama to come up, the poet was my 4th cousin lmao.

serious? i lived near him! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

i would love a king lear question on sibling rivalry.....very easy and never been asked

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AndyGaule

So i need a summary for
    English(O)
    Irish(O)
    Geog(H)
    Economic(H)
    Business(H)

Any idea's:confused:
    Economics-Deflation + NAMA but thats all did someone say something about Oligopily in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

I only decided to drop to ordinary French yesterday, couldn't hack the stress and possible failure of it all. I don't really know the ordinary paper, is it more or less the same every year?

I dropped 3 days before we left, its basically the Junior Cert again. If you know your stuff you'll be grand. Look through sample papers on examinations.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

AndyGaule wrote: »
    So i need a summary for
    English(O)
    Irish(O)
    Geog(H)
    Economic(H)
    Business(H)

Any idea's:confused:
    Economics-Deflation + NAMA but thats all did someone say something about Oligopily in there.

Like honestly? Flick back through the pages!

Ive decided to take short cuts for the first week of exams.. im only doing Boland and Rich.. may not be wise.

I need predictions for home ec Q1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

how many poems do you have to know per poet?

PlayGirl wrote: »
    how many poems do you have to know per poet?

if u no 3 poems really really well, should be enough but four to be on the safe side:)

• Advertisement

Ive decided to take short cuts for the first week of exams.. im only doing Boland and Rich.. may not be wise.

I need predictions for home ec Q1!!

think im only doin them aswel!! .. protein for question 1 is almost a def!!:D

Geo anyone?? ;)

My grinds teacher is friends with an exaimer or someone. The person said that the questions on the paper are on stuff that you may have done in your oral so dont forget to look at your oral notes!

ChristinaA wrote: »
    think im only doin them aswel!! .. protein for question 1 is almost a def!!:D

Who told you protein? I heard vitamins and minerals! Amongst other stuff. Protein came up before though!

So far Ive done this moment, child of our time and the black laced fan. which of the others are important to know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Shadow doll?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Pommegranate and Love are important ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

The Pomegranate is a good one for personal response, with the whole leaving school/growing up/parents letting us go thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 greener44

any 1 have any ideas for stair na gaeilge? and an triail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

greener44 wrote: »
    any 1 have any ideas for stair na gaeilge? and an triail?

For the stair its pretty much safe to say it wont be anything that was on last years paper

Advertisement