Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 predictions?

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeeHeadlights

My vision and viewpoint essay is 6 and a half pages. About 1500 words... is that way too much |:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

My vision and viewpoint essay is 6 and a half pages. About 1500 words... is that way too much |:

If theres waffle in it then take it out. Its better to be short without waffle. Other than that its grand once its a good essay and if you can write a good essay of that length in the time then definitately go for it! My Eavan Boland essay is about 400 words shorter but Im writing it out if she comes up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

For the stair its pretty much safe to say it wont be anything that was on last years paper

I wouldnt be too sure. They can put anything up. And theres only so much that they can ask even if it does time like theres a lot. Eg. for the last 2 years they said to write about filiocht na mbard, which would be an dan direach and an dan gra. but this yr they could specify either one of those! or both!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

My teacher is almost always right with her predictions.. Although she has been known in the past to predict some bits wrong because she goes into detail with them so much.

If anybody has intiitute physics predictions id gladly swap mine woth theirs so we can be fully cvered, just PM me and fingers crossed they'll be right this day fortnight...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lauriew

For English Paper II, Poetry, I know Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh and Keats.
    Do people think that will be ok?

Like what are the chances of Elliot, Walcott, Rich, and Longely (who I know is apparently very likey), all coming up?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Do you think a question on poetic techniques could come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

lauriew wrote: »
    For English Paper II, Poetry, I know Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh and Keats.
    Do people think that will be ok?

Like what are the chances of Elliot, Walcott, Rich, and Longely (who I know is apparently very likey), all coming up?!

Half the country wouldn't be able to write the poetry essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leannekellz

questions on respiration , photosynthesis , Dna always come up anyway . 4 the experiments my teacher rekons enzyme activity will come up .. god knows thou have to wait and see .. :)

i have a feeling boland n t s elliot wil come up .. . but i dropped down on the day ha . so any predictions for ordinary ?? :L .. :D

boland is a girl ?? so his prediction did predict a girl??

• Advertisement

Victoria. wrote: »
    Hey welcome to boards!
    If you're going to do the whole 'one female poet comes up thing' just be really careful. I was listening to the countdown to 906 podcast and the guy who is usually very accurate predicted Yeats, Boland, Kavangh and Eliot so maybe just pick a third. Perhaps a general response on Kavanagh because he's really easy would just suck to not be able to answer poetry.

Yeh for comparatives we only did GV and CC so I'm focusing on GV but able to convert some parts of that to CC if that comes up.

Hope your revision is going well for you!
    Evan Boland is a girl..? so his prediction included a girl ?? :L:L:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Davabo

RICH YOU BEAUTY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mebbie

Davabo wrote: »
    RICH YOU BEAUTY :D

I second that :)

Advertisement