Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk and Non related threads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We prefer to be nice to newbies who don't know what they're doing. Just about all of those sort of threads are from posters with single figure postcounts. I agree that it's frustrating on occasions that they clearly haven't read the sticky, there's more to be gained by gently steering them to the right forum than there is by infracting them. If we become hostile to them after their first or second post the likelihood is that they'll either go somewhere else or will become argumentative and possibly get themselves banned. By directing them to the forum they need we encourage them to post and become members of the community. Who knows, any of these posters could turn out to be the next Ruu or Seamus, but if we drive them away immediately we'll never find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In fairness they don't understand the function of Helpdesk or that they are supposed to read charters yet. See Newbies forum for similar problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

When this was brought up before in a previous thread, it was mentioned that helpdesk might be moved to some other area - Lets talk forum I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Saibh wrote: »
    Lets talk forum I think.
    Can you expand on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Can you expand on that?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055674662

See Darragh post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement