Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does a sheet of chipboard weigh

Options
  • 07-01-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

Hi,

anyone know roughly how much chipboard weighs?

I want to get 15 8x2 sheets of 3/4 flooring chipboard and I'm wondering what it'd weigh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

If its a good building suppliers your buying from they should be able to tell you. Most timber now is sold by mass thats how they calculate the prices as a guide.

May i ask why you need to know weight????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Found a reference on the web that said it's density is around 650 Kg/m3. You can do the maths yourself :)

Just get your points right

mass= density x volume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

ok so lets try this.

15 sheets of 18mm makes a stack of of 270mm or .27M

So .27 * .6 * 2.4 = 0.3888

so if chipboard is 650kg per cubic metre then

650 * .3888 = 252.72 kilos.

Why do I want to know?

I'm wondering can I bring it home in an estate car.

assuming the roads actually thaw out sometime this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well, the maths looks good, and 253 kg would be the combined weight of about 3 average adults, so I'd say you'd be good to go. Make sure it's properly secured though.

• Advertisement

No problem in a estate car,

often carried that amount of timber and tools in the back of a focus estate. Just mind your exaust if reversing into a driveway etc :D

Advertisement