Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Advise

• 07-01-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hello

I am currently vodafone, pay as you go. But I've noticed I am a chronic texter and in Nov and Dec topped up SEVENTY EURO EACH MONTH.
    So, I'm putting a stop to it and trying to curb my addiction.

In conjunction with reviewing my options to change network to someone who will offer me a better deal.

There is no specific time when I text so am/pm weekend midweek doesn't really apply.
    I do text constantly so 1000+ a month but don't really make calls..

Can any one advise any plans or packages that would suit me the best... happy to go bill pay to reduce my costs..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

With your usage I absolutely 100% guarantee you that prepay is much better value.

On prepay; Vodafone, O2 and Meteor offer free texts to any network for topping up by just €20 a month.

What network are you on??

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

I agree with the previous comment. I'm on the meteor pay as you and top up €20 every month and that gives me 30 days of free texts to all Irish networks. I can then use the €20 solely for calls.

The other good thing about meteor is that when you're roaming you can receive calls for free*.

*I know this is true while in the UK at least after you have registered for this service with meteor and are on the T-mobile network :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

OP, all you have to do is log in to your account online here: https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/services/login/login.jsp?redirect=/myv/myaccount/freecallstxt/

You can stay on vodafone prepay, you are not on the right plan. They have free texts to any network for €20 a month.

Plan details: http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/current/?ts=1262883334802

This has been out for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You could try 3's best of both 15 option.
    €15 per month gets you 40 mins to any network, 40 mins 3 to 3 and unlimited texts to every network
    http://www.three.ie/priceplans/best_of_both_15.htm
    This is a 30 day rolling contract so you can cancel at anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Hi

I am on Vodafone.. and as you can see top up adequately at 70 a month, but don't avail of any free texts!
    Maybe I will call them tomorrow and see what I am doing wrong!!!

• Advertisement

Unwilling wrote: »
    Hi

I am on Vodafone.. and as you can see top up adequately at 70 a month, but don't avail of any free texts!
    Maybe I will call them tomorrow and see what I am doing wrong!!!

You need to ask to go on the price plan. You dont get it automatically. Click the link i posted, and put yourself on the plan without having to ring them!

Just did a test.. free texts vodafone to vodafone, but 13 c vodafone to meteor!

Sounds like your on free 'calls and texts' which is to vodafone numbers only.

Free texts to any network is a different plan.

for the third time, log into my account on vodafone and select the free network texts plan.

Dave

Thank you for that. I heard it was so but couldn't work it out. I get frustrated with the websites...
    Don't understand why it says free texts to all networks TICK and then gives you a cost of 13 c for texts!?
    DONE it now. Topped up so going to do a test later.
    If it doesn't work I'll be right back on to YOU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

See, now you don't have to even consider curbing your addiction even a little bit. Text away! I can't imagine my phone bill if I was a pay monthly customer!

• Advertisement

ok,, if it doesnt work i will take a beating :p

Advertisement