Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle Christmass trees

• 07-01-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me if there are any recycling yards taking Christmass trees this year in the Ennis area? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd imagine the recycling centre out the Gort Road would take them, they take garden waste so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't take Christmas trees as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Clareman wrote: »
    I'd imagine the recycling centre out the Gort Road would take them, they take garden waste so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't take Christmas trees as well
    Thats what I thought last year but they would not take it. Is there a place in Newmarket I think there was last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

http://www.clarecoco.ie/news/TreeCollection.html

As per the link above, the council are collecting them at various points around the county.

You can also bring them to the Gort Road or the dump at Inagh, but there are cutoff dates (10th and 9th of January respectively). They provided this service last year too. Maybe you were late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

You can bring it into Cois na hAbhnna on the gort road between 10 am and 4 pm. There's just a sign saying 'leave your tree here'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Thanks for that , I'll drive out to the Gort road so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement