Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goverment wakes up a little

• 07-01-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

This just in - they had a meeting today. I can just imagine the discussions - "Apparently the peasants have been complaining that the roads are dangerous. Who knew about this ? Why didn't anyone tell us ?"

Apparently this is the longest sustained cold spell since 1963. This explains why they failed to notice *for weeks* (the hint is in the "longest sustained period" bit) that road clearance was substandard while the dogs in the street (and the drivers, pedestrians, cats & assorted wildlife) could tell it just by venturing outside the door.

Now they are getting the NRA to come up with a plan to distribute salt. I don't normally say this, but . . . hellllllooooo ? They have waited this long to come up with a plan ? I think it may have something to do with certain bodies only returning to normal staffing levels this week following Christmas.

This is one crazy country. It's high time we moved to a US-type model where you pays your taxes and you gets your services. And if you don't get your services you fire the Mayor (& chief engineeer) next time the elections come around.

z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

I was just wondering. Who is responsible for salting / gritting business parks??
    If I crash in business park which clearly wasn't gritted who will pay for damages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

there's already a few threads on this, at least 1 more in the Commuting & Transport section started lunchtime, and a few in Politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

jaceq wrote: »
    I was just wondering. Who is responsible for salting / gritting business parks??
    If I crash in business park which clearly wasn't gritted who will pay for damages?

If public roads, council, if private then whoever runs the business park.

If you crash you or your insurance pays as it was your fault, nobody is forcing you to drive on untreated roads. You have to take responsibility and be able to judge conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Now they are getting the NRA to come up with a plan to distribute salt.
    there is no salt left and it will take several days to get adequate supplies imported so they are wasting time and money working on a plan that will solve nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

foggy_lad wrote: »
    there is no salt left and it will take several days to get adequate supplies imported so they are wasting time and money working on a plan that will solve nothing!
    ##

So. nothing new there then

• Advertisement
Advertisement