Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get video footage transferred to DVD?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get VHS footage transferred onto a DVD?
    (I'm mostly in the Dublin area).

And is it possible to get the picture and sound quality improved when it is being transferred?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

There's a place at the end of Talbot street just before you get to Amien street that does it. It's a video rental store. It cost's €20. I doubt they would do anything for the picture or sound for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

I saw chartbusters in Ranelagh are also doing this. €20 too

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eoindc

You could try something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/USB-2-0-AUDIO-VIDEO-CAPTURE-ADAPTER-S-VIDEO-VHS-TO-DVD_W0QQitemZ330321886041QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW?hash=item4ce8b7fb59

This particular one cost less than a tenner including postage and wll let you convert as many VHS videos as you want into digital format using a PC. Then you can just stick the digital file on a DVD.

P.S. I just picked the first VHS to DVD/usb cable i could find, there may be cheaper and higher quality ones out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eoindc

Although, just to note: This method takes a bit of messing about on the PC so just be carefull if you aren't a tech head!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Thanks for all the responses.

I'd prefer to go somewhere to get this done as: (1) it's only a one off transfer of about 2 hrs of footage so I won't really have the need for any software in the long-term and (2) I'm not very technically minded in video editing. I also want to get the best quality possible so I was hoping that a professional place might be the best bet in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 phutloose

try optophonic on abbey street, im sure they have a website, Paul there did that for me last year.

Lovely Lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Thanks for all the responses.

I'd prefer to go somewhere to get this done as: (1) it's only a one off transfer of about 2 hrs of footage so I won't really have the need for any software in the long-term and (2) I'm not very technically minded in video editing. I also want to get the best quality possible so I was hoping that a professional place might be the best bet in that regard.

I'll do it for free - PM me. It's easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

its fairly handy once ya get it set up. But as for making the quality better, unfortunatly this may not be possible. The video tape is simple played, and recorded onto the pc, so the quality will be the same as the tape. It might be possible to play arund with the colours, sharpness etc, to improve things slightly (depending on software) but your never going to get dvd quality. May also need to be compressed to fit onto dvd, which can further reduce quality. Depends on the length, and the initial recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

I have used these guys before to transfer old 35mm to DVD.

http://www.crystalmedia.ie/iopen24/video-transfer-t-4.html

Very impressed with service and end result, however if your video quality is poor to begin don't expect miracles.

Advertisement