Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cheap car

Options
  • 07-01-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anyone selling a car 1.0l up to 1.4l max must have good nct on it and under a grand,i know theres donedeal and adverts and all but i've been to view a few and there nothing but a heap of s***

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

http://www.carzone.ie/

http://www.autotrader.ie/contentv3/

your not going to get much less than 10 years old and less than 100,000 miles for less than a grand.

your best bet is to ring around to dealers, they just want the things off their forecourts....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Yeah i was looking at a few 97-98 but were either no nct or down in kerry.Its only a run around as we have main car just would like one with a bit of nct.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I was lucky enough last year to get my hands on a 02 kia with 58,000 miles, nct to april '10 for €1450. It was in ok condition. Anything advertised for around €1800-€2K in dealerships can go for a lot less if you go in with cash in hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Head for Mullingar on a Monday night with someone that has a clue about cars. Auction there every Monday night. Check out the yard first with your buddy. Bring a torch to see things better.
    Cars going very cheap there. Dont set your heart on a car and bid stupid on it. Wait for your spot and bid proper and buy something decent.
    Friend of mine bought a '02 Renault Laguna there for €1200..
    If you are the successful bidder you can go back the following day and drive the car and bring a good mechanic. If you have a change of heart about it there is no problem. You can pull the bid because of a fault somewhere..
    Easy peasy bo....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Head for Mullingar on a Monday night with someone that has a clue about cars. Auction there every Monday night. Check out the yard first with your buddy. Bring a torch to see things better.
    Cars going very cheap there. Dont set your heart on a car and bid stupid on it. Wait for your spot and bid proper and buy something decent.
    Friend of mine bought a '02 Renault Laguna there for €1200..
    If you are the successful bidder you can go back the following day and drive the car and bring a good mechanic. If you have a change of heart about it there is no problem. You can pull the bid because of a fault somewhere..
    Easy peasy bo....
    Cheers thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement