Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to make this larder storage shelf cheaply

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

A cheap chopping board cut out is a great idea. I wouldn't bother with the beech runners, just use a strip of wood that the chopping board surface sits on top of.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

why i think the runners are handy is that they would stop the shelf from tipping.
    though 2 nice strips above and below would do the same i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Aye, I hadn't factored in tipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

If you can source baskets the rest is handy enough. Dont know how many of these you need but if you need alot an alternitave to chopping boards is sheet material eg mdf,lamwood etc cut them out using a jigsaw or a router.

For the rails as said above a simple runner top and bottom or buy a length of solid 2x2 planed or similar and machine a "U" shape yourself.Loads of options and ways to go about them.

Advertisement