Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Question] Silverlight and vb.net Question!!

Options
  • 07-01-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads and Ladies,

Im having an issue with my first sliverlight web project. Basically i have written a simple webservice that allows access to a database.

But when I try do a simple declaration in the silverlight/vb.net application:

Dim dt as DataRow

It gives an error saying 'type 'DataRow' is not defined'

Now, I already have System.Data imported so I really am baffled with this one

Anyone any idea here?

Thanks in advance,
    Neil

EDIT: Ive also included <add namespace="System.Data"/> into the web.config :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭Trampas

might be something else in the code causing the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

ah ive realised ive been doing this arse ways...

Instead of creating your own web service and referencing it, you should use the new RIA WCF service with LINQSQL to connect to DB in the same project.

In the end it is so handy though.. code for the webservice is autogenerated for you. You can bind the WCF service to tables or views, which is v handy... thats all ive gotten so far.

Advertisement