Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres for 07 golf

• 07-01-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

I need to replace my tyres. I can get Firestone or Cooper for 300, which should I get and why?

I do a lot of driving, 500km+ a week.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

i have hankook evo on my car and fing them very good. great grip and long lasting. they might be worth looking into also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

At that amount of driving why not go for a decent Bridgestone/Pirelli/Michelin tyre. Far better quality and you'll get longer out of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does it have to be either of the 2 listed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

I don't really know anything about tyres... What are GTs like? I can get contenentals for 380, but reckon can get them down a bit more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    does it have to be either of the 2 listed?

Not particularly but they are the ones I have quotes for that are good quality...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

glanman wrote: »
    I don't really know anything about tyres... What are GTs like? I can get contenentals for 380, but reckon can get them down a bit more

Yeah they're a good tyre, should last you a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I put 4 x Falken's on my 08 GTi (17') and I felt they gripped better than the stock tyres that were on it (which I think were contintnal if I'm not mistaken). 100 euro each in dave mccann in clonsilla/coolmine industrial estate.

Advertisement