Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caleb Folan to RANGERS!!!!!

• 07-01-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

uh oh, i think caleb might find it difficult to play for Ireland again after this, somebody must have told him its one club he cant play for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

what QPR

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Look i dont give a hoot about the whole rangers and celtic thing but thousands do and they attend the ireland matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Stacksey wrote: »
    uh oh, i think caleb might find it difficult to play for Ireland again after this, somebody must have told him its one club he cant play for

You have been mis-informed...grossly!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Sarge wrote: »
    what QPR

nice ninja edit.

anyway more importantly, he shouldn't go up there to play because of the standard of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Why shouldnt he play for Queens Park Rangers? Because they have the R word in their name??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lol, are you the guy who wears a Celtic jersey to Ireland matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Sorry my bad, sky put me off the straight and narrow, anyway QPR are just as bad

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

mayordenis wrote: »
    nice ninja edit.

anyway more importantly, he shouldn't go up there to play because of the standard of football.

As opposed to his standard of football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

mayordenis wrote: »

It might be good for him, the Scottish league could actually be his "level" of football. He hasn't set the English league a light with his talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Stacksey wrote: »

even if it was Glasgow Rangers, why is it the one club he cant play for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

event wrote: »

Firstly he wouldnt get a game there ahead of either Miller or Boyd, secondly the SPL is in a terminal decline and thirdly RFC probably wouldnt be able to afford to pay him more than a fiver a week in their financial position.

Why did you think it was something more sinister or even daresay political shame on you.

Or maybe you are just trying to stir sh*te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

because the average Irish fan is a complete moron imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Oirish lads would probably boo him, what was the name of the player who got boo'ed' in Lansdowne because he played his club football for Rangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The Oirish lads would probably boo him, what was the name of the player who got boo'ed' in Lansdowne because he played his club football for Rangers.

van bronkhurst?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Peter Lovenkrands did when Denmark came here in 03, as did Claudio Reyna when the US visited in 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Even worse is they were booing the wrong player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

what would happen if kenny miller came? cheer him the first half, then boo him the second half?!!

muppets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

You might be thinking of Mo Johnston or possibly Alan Kernigan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Even worse is they were booing the wrong player.
    Yea I was at that game. It was hilarious to here booing and then over the tannoy they announced the substitution of Lovengrants coming on. They then announjced they didn't want the fans booing the opposition so every time the Irish lads got the ball the crowd would boo.

Sounds childish now but at the time it was great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Firstly he wouldnt get a game there ahead of either Miller or Boyd, secondly the SPL is in a terminal decline and thirdly RFC probably wouldnt be able to afford to pay him more than a fiver a week in their financial position.

Why did you think it was something more sinister or even daresay political shame on you.

Or maybe you are just trying to stir sh*te!

1st: Boyd is leaving, if not in this window, definately in the Summer

2nd: Its better than sitting on the bench

3rd: He's hardly going to join unless he is being paid well

No, not trying to stir ****e, im not the one who made this ridiculous thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Christ are we still this backward about Rangers?

If Caleb Folan did go to Rnagers best of luck to him if he feels he could get first team football there then I say better luck to him and hope he do really well.

The only people who are not past this process of change seem to be people living within the 26 counties.

Get over it move on and support your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I hope and think you are way off the mark on this point from what I am hearing Boyd will sign a new deal within the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think he could be a good buy by Paul Hart. With Routledge and Taraabt supplying him too I think he could end up banging them in. Id wager he will score ten before the season's out.

Seems that way. Sure look back in 1999 when Shels -v- Rangers UEFA Cup home leg had to be moved to Tranmere as the Gardai couldn't guarentee safety in Dublin, etc...

Don't see where the bother of an Englishman playing for a Scottish team would come from tbh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Ha ha, Lovenkrands, even though all the fans were booing the wrong player!

Don't see where the bother of an Englishman playing for a Scottish team would come from tbh!?

Steady on there.

Kingdom wrote: »
    Steady on there.

:confused:

Have heard nothing of Boyd leaving and all the reports I have seen have been of possibly off loading someone else so as to facilitate offering him a new contract which he is more than happy to sign.

How is sitting on the bench in hte SPL better than sitting on the bench in the premiership?

Trust me any new signing that Rangers would be making will not be getting what would be perceived in the modern game as well paid.

Fair enough if you werent trying to stir it, it just came across that way, my apologies.

:confused:

You don't think you'll get a reaction with what you posted, given the context of this thread?
    You're better than that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Yes, and rightfully so. Its somewhat perverse when disliking a side that has never played an Irishman from the nationalist persuasion, sings racist anti-Irish songs, up until our lifetimes refused to play Catholics and allows the sale of extreme right wing material in the stadium footprint is considered to be regressive or bigotted.

When they move into the 20th, never mind 21st century attitudes might change towords them.
    If Caleb Folan did go to Rnagers best of luck to him if he feels he could get first team football there then I say better luck to him and hope he do really well.

I hope he fails miserably. But I would say that. But he would be a pariah there. Rangers fans would give him dogs on his nationality, Celtic fans would treat him as a judas and a sizeable section of the Irish support would agree. Bad move to make himself a martyr like this, he would need big shoulders. Ask Mo Johnstone
    The only people who are not past this process of change seem to be people living within the 26 counties.

Get over it move on and support your team.

Get over what? They are a bigoted disgrace of a club and disliking them and their anti-Irish ways is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I like to see Rangers beating Celtic.
    Wow.

because the average Irish fan is a complete moron imo

So what would you consider yourself then?? Below average or above average?

Get over what? They are a bigoted disgrace of a club and disliking them and their anti-Irish ways is nothing to be ashamed of.

And Celtic were always such fun loving, forgiving fans yes?

What has Celtic got to do with this I was under the impression Folan was a Hull player??

I like to see Rangers beating Celtic.
    Wow.

Well aren't you a fascinatingly controversial young man.

• Advertisement

Yes, and rightfully so. Its somewhat perverse when disliking a side that has never played an Irishman from the nationalist persuasion, sings racist anti-Irish songs, up until our lifetimes refused to play Catholics and allows the sale of extreme right wing material in the stadium footprint is considered to be regressive or bigotted.

When they move into the 20th, never mind 21st century attitudes might change towords them.

I hope he fails miserably. But I would say that.

Change a few things about like sings anti-British songs, etc... and the same basically applies to Celtic.

Off topic anyway. So Caleb Folan....

Celtic have nothing to do with this issue.

But as an aside, in comparison to their local rivals, they are literally angels.

Change a few things about like sings anti-British songs, etc... and the same basically applies to Celtic.

Off topic anyway. So Caleb Folan....

Sectarian signing policy? Not playing players from x country? Strong hooligan element? Right wing politics around the club?

Tedious. And completly irrelevent.

See that is where you are completely wrong or worse still ignorant I suggest if you are going to preach from your altar you get your facts right and check the history of both clubs.

Sectarian signing policy? Not playing players from x country? Strong hooligan element? Right wing politics around the club?

Tedious. And completly irrelevent.

IRA songs being sung? Which countries? Celtic Soccer Casuals are still going nice and strong? Left wing politics around the club?

Tedious. And completely irrelevent.

• Advertisement

IRA songs being sung? Which countries? Celtic Soccer Casuals are still going nice and strong? Left wing politics around the club?

Tedious. And completely irrelevent.

This is NOTHING to do with Celtic.

The issue is whether Folan would be crazy enough to take on the hassle of being the first Irish international to play for Rangers. Or whether its a good football move.

Celtic have nothing to do with this issue.

But as an aside, in comparison to their local rivals, they are literally angels.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic-in-ira-songs-row-1.976028

Shareholders defend IRA songs. HMMMMMMM.

Lol Gavin not able to tell the difference between 'singing' and signing'

Almost as funny as this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ThreadGoing.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement