Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 2g Help needed!

Options
  • 07-01-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, I recently got my Iphone 2g Jailbroken and unlocked to software 3.0, Now the phone worked for a little while, but now it doesnt, it wont recieve messages untill i send them and people cant call me, if i put the phone near speakers, i get that interferance sound constantly, if the sim is in the phone the battery only lasts hours whereas if there is no sim in it will last days! like as if the sim is constantly making the phone work.

Is this issue possibly a bad jail break? can anyone offer any assistance? or even if you could rejailbreak it would be great! i dont mind travelling? i will offer payment, provided it works? Im Living in Dublin 14

if you would like to try jailbreak it and provided that it works i will pay you! or if you want to be a good samaritan and do a good deed for someone! that'd be great too!

Would really appreciate any help as this issue is wrecking my head. all i want is my iphone to work again! I bought it in Canada during the summer and it worked just fine! i accidently reset it not knowing it would go back to factory settings, i tried jailbreaking myself but couldnt get past the "Installing jailbreak settings" it wouldnt finish for some reason! then a friend of my brothers jailbroke it last, and now im in this situation!

Thanks again guys!
    Jamie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Perhaps try googling for unlocked firmware? You can download prebuilt versions of it (apologies if this isn't allowed). Otherwise try a full install of the lastest firmware through itunes and then jb/unlock.

As for the battery issues - I had a similar issue with push notifications on certain programs (in my case - Fring - battery went down to 4 hours a day, this might be what's happening to you as it's only when a sim card is installed). Battery would only last for a couple of hours. Push Gmail certainly shortens the battery but not too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dragula003

Thanks very much for the reply, but i have tried to Jb/unlock before are i could only bring it so far. i have followed videos etc, and no luck, but thank you for the battery suggestions that enlightened me a bit!

But if there is anyone who can JB propperly for me that would be greatly appreciated as im pretty sure it may be a Jb issue! my cydia never really worked propperly ya see!

Thanks again bigfeller! greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dragula003

Thanks man i sent u a PM

Advertisement