Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vandalism of Playground at St Anne's cost DCC €20,330

Options
  • 07-01-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

The burning down of a play unit in September/October last year at St Anne's Park cost Dublin City Council €20,330. After visiting the playground with my toddler I sent in a freedom of information request to Dublin City Council (DCC) to see if vandalism was a big problem in the DCC area.

The vandalism of the playground at O'Devaney gardens must have also cost a lot too as the whole playground was destroyed. I know there have been other incidences of playgrounds being vandalised in Dublin and would be interested to hear any other experiences.

Here's the FOI request detailing incidences of vandalism of Dublin playgrounds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

That's infuriating.:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thats a disgrace, the playground in st. annes was always a nice place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

That's awful. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

people, not i, care more about stuff like the champions league and eastenders then stuff like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thats why community service should be employed more often..let them undo the damage that thier peers have done..they'll soon get sick of having to repair thier own mess and stop doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

Interesting recent article in the Sunday Tribune entitled Vandalism and burning of Dublin playgrounds cost council €200,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

AND THEN the pissy teens go moaning that there are no facilities for them. Errrrr...why do you think that is?

If you go around fking things up for everyone, then don't expect us to accomodate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

WindSock wrote: »
    AND THEN the pissy teens go moaning that there are no facilities for them. Errrrr...why do you think that is?

If you go around fking things up for everyone, then don't expect us to accomodate you.
    Presumably you understand that most 'pissy teens' aren't vandals:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

How does this kind of thing happen without people seeing or hearing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

It's a huge park. It happened in the middle of the night or the early hours of the morning. From what I can gather they burned a green wheelie bin under one of the kids playthings, I reckon it was burning brightly by the time the Gards and fire services arrived and the culprits were well gone. It's really bad, but how it cost €20,330 is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Presumably you understand that most 'pissy teens' aren't vandals:confused:

No. They ALL are ;). Off to the industrial schools with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Degsy wrote: »
    Thats why community service should be employed more often..let them undo the damage that thier peers have done..they'll soon get sick of having to repair thier own mess and stop doing it.
    I'm unemployed and would love to do this type of thing! Although I reckon that referring to the vandals as my peers would be stretching it.

Advertisement