Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 or Nokia N97

• 07-01-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Quick question
    I'm due an upgrade from Vodafone and I was looking on their Website at the following two phones,Nokia 5530 (free) Nokia N97(69.99).
    Anybody have any bad or good stories about either phone and which do ye think is the best value?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Neither are good imo. What do you want out of a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Neither are good imo. What do you want out of a phone?

Not alot really:o.My current phone is a Nokia 6230i and the only reason I've stuck with it so long is I have a handsfree kit in the car for it.
    I'm not really that well up on phones so I don't really know what I'm looking for but I'm open to suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hiscan wrote: »
    Not alot really:o.My current phone is a Nokia 6230i and the only reason I've stuck with it so long is I have a handsfree kit in the car for it.
    I'm not really that well up on phones so I don't really know what I'm looking for but I'm open to suggestions.

Going on what you have said here, i would suggest the 5530 out of the two for you. Then n97 is unnessicaray.

Something more standard i think you suit you better, something like the 6303. Check it out and see what you think. Should be also free from vodafone.

Vodafone are getting Iphones in next week and he reckons I could get one of them on an upgrade,good move or bad move????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

good move or bad move????

Fun move !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Vodafone are getting Iphones in next week and he reckons I could get one of them on an upgrade,good move or bad move????
    wouldnt bother. N97 all the way.

Really what I'm asking is,would I be able to manage one of these phones when all I've had before this is a Nokia 6230i?

Really what I'm asking is,would I be able to manage one of these phones when all I've had before this is a Nokia 6230i?

Have you had a good play with either or?

Do you want to have the extra features?

Haven't seen the Iphone yet but it would be nice to have a phone with a few extras for a change:)

Quick question:
    Could I browse and post on an internet forum such as this from an Iphone?

• Advertisement

More stuff they have/do, they more they seem to go wrong :p

The iphone may well be better for you, despite you having a nokia. The n97 can be annoying

Quick question:
    Could I browse and post on an internet forum such as this from an Iphone?

You could indeed. Wouldn't need an iphone for that. Most any phone would let you do that now. http://m.boards.ie/ is a handy way for mobiles. iphones and n97 could browse the site normally though for a normal look

That'll do me,I'll let ye know next week how I get on:)

Well guys I just got my account reactivated today so only able to reply to this now:)Having had the phone now for the last six weeks I have to say I'm very happy with it and I still haven't mastered all the features yet:o
    The only downside to the phone that I can find is the battery doesn't last long if you are browsing the Net or playing games on the phone for long periods.
    Getting over that at the minute with Car chargers and the like:)
    All in all I'd highly recommend it;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭pah

Well guys I just got my account reactivated today so only able to reply to this now:)Having had the phone now for the last six weeks I have to say I'm very happy with it and I still haven't mastered all the features yet:o
    The only downside to the phone that I can find is the battery doesn't last long if you are browsing the Net or playing games on the phone for long periods.
    Getting over that at the minute with Car chargers and the like:)
    All in all I'd highly recommend it;):)

I'm confused. What did you get?

Sorry:o,I got the iPhone.

Advertisement